Turn on thread page Beta

Inter-racial relationships - What do white girls see in black guys? ONE FOR THE GIRLS watch

ReputationRep:
    I am entirely neutral on this issue. Having watched "Forbidden Fruit" on Channel 4 recently, I learned that many white girls find the allure of a dark-skinned male irresistable for various reasons. Famously, Britney Spears, Danni Minogue and Nicole Kidman have all recently "been" with black guys.

Basically, what do black guys "give" white girls, that they cant get from white guys. Why is the allure so irresistable?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a girl so can't answer this question in a way that perhaps you are looking for. However I think the idea that a certain 'race' of male can offer something another cannot is an inaccurate theory, afterall the creation of a persons character comes primarily from their society and black people exist in all societies. You may however be alluring to the idea that there is something in the biological make up of black males that makes them more appealing; but frankly that idea is ludicrious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AM1)
    I am entirely neutral on this issue. Having watched "Forbidden Fruit" on Channel 4 recently, I learned that many white girls find the allure of a dark-skinned male irresistable for various reasons. Famously, Britney Spears, Danni Minogue and Nicole Kidman have all recently "been" with black guys.

Basically, what do black guys "give" white girls, that they cant get from white guys. Why is the allure so irresistable?

I go for people, not skin colours. Wouldn't care if they were black or white if I liked them enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AM1)

I have never really found black guys more alluring than white guys to be honest. I have fancied some black guys but to be honest the two guys I have dated have both been white and most of the guys I have fancied have been white. This is most likely to be because I know more white guys though. Personally I don't fancy people until I get to know them and then whether I like them has little to do with race more personality The only thing that I can think of is that some people find the unknown alluring and some people find black guys more attractive. Other than that and the theories about cirtain things :rolleyes: I don't know really I think it is all a matter of taste really.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure Random is right and that the allure of the unknown plays a big part. You may have noticed that a lot of white guys fancy oriental girls. That is surely the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Sharon Osbourne wants to "do" a black guy before she dies.

p.s. she didn't say do.

ReputationRep:
    Would British girls ever fancy orientals ?

I NEED AN ANSWER !

ReputationRep:
    I am quite attracted to Maori guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I am quite attracted to Maori guys.
    LOL who wouldnt :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illumintai)
    Would British girls ever fancy orientals ?

I NEED AN ANSWER !
    Much less likely than the other way round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Sharon Osbourne wants to "do" a black guy before she dies.

p.s. she didn't say do.
    What ddi she say then?

ReputationRep:
    im sorry im not a girl but its a stupid commnet

josie d'arby only dates white men

halle berry genrally dates white men

samantha mumba got a white boyfriend

jannet jackson dated justin timberlake

so its works ever way

ReputationRep:
    What's weird is I've ended up being fancied by more oriental guys than white ones! But as for me, I've never really considered ethnic origin, I've seen more white and pakistani/indian people so have been attracted to more white and pakistani/indian people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AM1)
    I do not feel that there is any particulr "allure" towards any race - I just admire and like those who I get along with, I don't take into account what race they may be and see it as a determining factor.

I really hate all the stereotypical views of girls only wanting to go out with "fit" guys. If a bloke is nice and funny, he'd be much nicer to go out with than someone who is just a pretty boy - race and looks don' really come into it for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AM1)

You've just answered it. 'Forbidden Fruit' perhaps its that idea of being rebellious against stereotypes which do occur in society. Other than that and in the words of my friend its because they have a 'donkey ****.'

Me personally I'm pretty neutral, although I found it kinda weird when a white girl told me she liked my skin colour because i look healthy, whilst white people don't.

EDIT: Didn't realise this was for girls. Soz Matey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    A lot of girls find men with dark hair irresistable, others find men with blonde hair irresistable. The 'allure' of one type of person is clearly resistable for some people but not for others. Do we know enough about how attraction actually works to figure it all out?
    I think you may have the closest answer here. Nearly ever bloke on the planet goes for the blonde hair, blue eyed kinnd of girl. So maybe it's the same reason why girls go for black men.

Or maybe it's that whole "they have bigger equiment" thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I think you may have the closest answer here. Nearly ever bloke on the planet goes for the blonde hair, blue eyed kinnd of girl. So maybe it's the same reason why girls go for black men.

Or maybe it's that whole "they have bigger equiment" thing.

but do they go for black men?????

whats the evidence in that

who gets voted the sexiest man???? usually someone like bradpitt ben afflect,colin farrel,george clooney etc etc etc

they are probably the most popular amoungst all women

and as ive said black women date white men
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by andyreid)
    im sorry im not a girl but its a stupid commnet

josie d'arby only dates white men

halle berry genrally dates white men

samantha mumba got a white boyfriend

jannet jackson dated justin timberlake

so its works ever way
    Any "evidence" that doesn't come from the pages of Hello?

ReputationRep:
    perhaps... any other reasons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    What ddi she say then?
    that doesnt need much imgination...remember we're talking about Sharon Osbourne

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.