Turn on thread page Beta

Rate the last game you played watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys, here's a Ronseal thread for you. Tell us your latest game and what you think of it! I'll start.

Animal Crossing (DS) - surprisingly and worryingly addictive. Got it with my DS as I had all the other good games in the offer. Perfect for dipping into for 10 mins on the train or lunchtime to catch a fish and get some new furniture. Let me know if you wanna try online wifi! Recommended for DS owners who want something fun to dip into every now and again

ReputationRep:
    The last game I got was the 'Sonic Advance/Sonic Pinball Party' double-pack for GBA, seeing as it was only selling for £15. Sonic Advance is good if you can get the hang of the controls, but I personally enjoyed Pinball Party much more -- it's great for pick-up-and-play value, and probably one of the best GBA games I've so far bought.

ReputationRep:
    last game i got was transformers for PS2, it's awesome

In terms of the gameplay i guess its a pretty average game: the enemies are somewhat dumb and repetitive, but in terms of the nostalgia it's absolutely brilliant with everything how it should be, even down to the transforming noise :cool:

ReputationRep:
    The last game I bought was........Black, I think. Although the AI was nothing spectacular, the game was still pretty fun. Shame it was far too easy, though - I completed the game on all four difficulty levels in under a week. Given that I've got 3500+ games (mostly ROMs) and I've hardly completed ANY of them (even on the easiest difficulty), I was quite disappointed with the ease of Black But blowing things up with an M16's grenade launcher is so much fun

ReputationRep:
    last one i got was Kingdom Hearts for PS2. Got it nice and cheap on platinum.

It's a pretty good game. great visuals, good use of the Disney characters to make creative levels.

EDIT: If you'd like a more light-hearted Final Fantasy and without the turn-based battles then you'll love this.

As for an actual rating. 7/8 out of 10

ReputationRep:
    Got Advance Wars: Dual Strike on the DS yesterday. They had a pricing mistake and i picked it up for a tenner
    Played around 20 mins of it and so far it it's pretty good.

Other games i have bought over the last month are Animal Crossing and New Super Mario bros. Both are awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon Emerald... T'is a masterpiece just like all the old Gameboy classic ones...
    I can't wait for diamond/pearl on the DS

As for rating emerald, it'd have to be pretty high, 9 p'raps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plodman)
    Pokemon Emerald... T'is a masterpiece just like all the old Gameboy classic ones...
    I can't wait for diamond/pearl on the DS

As for rating emerald, it'd have to be pretty high, 9 p'raps
    I remember hours of fun spent with my GBC on Pokemon Blue trying to get my team up to Level 100.

ReputationRep:
    Edited title to be all-encompassing :p:

And yes, Pokemon is amazing, it is only scoffed at because marketers saw an oppurtunity to create a brand. The Wifi stuff in the upcoming DS versions seems like a dream come true

ReputationRep:
    pro evo soccer 5

10/10

ReputationRep:
    just completed streets of rage II

10/10 top game quick delivery would play again GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A+++++ come visit again

ReputationRep:
    Hitman: Blood Money, for the PC. I love that hitman look...

ReputationRep:
    Prey (PC)

6/10

Just another dull FPS with pretty graphics, and a couple of gimmicks to make it seem unique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    Edited title to be all-encompassing :p:

And yes, Pokemon is amazing, it is only scoffed at because marketers saw an oppurtunity to create a brand. The Wifi stuff in the upcoming DS versions seems like a dream come true
    Mm indeed, and some of the new beasts for it look ace too... Although the grass starter looks a bit crap

ReputationRep:
    Gta Sa - 10/10

ReputationRep:
    Tie Fighter 10/10

Nearly tracked down Admiral Zaarin...

ReputationRep:
    last game i got was chrome hounds, bored the hell outta me in solo play and it IS necessary (really, for the extra parts) to complete solo play, but the you go online and wow its like BF2 with every one getting a mech not just a flak jacket

8/10

ReputationRep:
    Currently playing Hitman: Contracts...loving it, even though I've played through half the missions before in the original Hitman: Codename 47. Struggling through the Lee Hong Assassination right now - the brothel madam is hilarious when 47 asks about the new girl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    47 says that his Chinese is a little rusty, then asks if he can see the new girl, Mei Ling.
    The madam's reply? [in English] Ohhh, Mei Ling. [in Chinese] That *****. [in English] Nice girl. Very nice girl. [in Chinese] She'll claw your eyes out. [in English] This way, please.

The ability to unlock weapons by getting the Silent Assassin rating on each level gives you a purpose for going through the levels without needlessly killing random people who get in your way, which I often found myself doing in Hitman and Hitman 2 (I've never done the Lee Hong Assassination in the original the way it's meant to be played - I just went in guns blazing and didn't leave anyone alive)...and you can replay levels, bringing in weapons you've found or unlocked over the course of the game - a fantastic little way to increase replayability

9/10

ReputationRep:
    Kingdom Of Loathing

31337/10 , completely free, with a TSR clan on it (shameless plug anyone? lol)

seriously though, great fun.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah come on guys, when I say 'rate' don't just give a number out of 10! Tell us what you think like you would a movie/ album / book

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.