The Student Room Group

Advice on flirty friendship

I've been friends with this guy since I started sixth form (just finished) and especially in the last year we've got really close. We message every day and there is definite flirting.

Last weekend we were at a friend's party and I got really drunk. Combining this with messages sent from him that day, "you look sexy" etc and my friends egging me on, I went over to him and told him that I liked him and all that.

He basically rejected me, saying that he "didn't want to jeopardise the friendship," but he was being a bit of a dick about it, e.g. asking if I wanted to kiss him, then after saying yes, said that he didn't want to jeopardise the friendship... so he asked while knowing he'd reject me.
Do you think this is just an ego thing for him? He's even told me he likes me before, said that he told his friend we're basically a couple etc etc
Is this just how guys can be sometimes and I don't actually mean anything to him? I feel embarrassed like I've completely misinterpreted everything?

Also my friends have told me not to message him and we haven't apart from one short conversation where he asked if we could be friends still.

There's so much to this but didn't want to go on for too long. Thanks for reading!
lmao. He sounds like a cowardly sheep. He was bragging to his friends about you so he'd look good basically.
He was playing games and it just an ego thing. And yes a lot of boys do act like that.

You shouldn't talk to him again.
Maybe he's stopped having feelings for you? It sounds like he's gotten closer to you over the last year and that's definitely enough time for him to have fallen for you and then decided you only thought of him as a friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending