The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OP - There's a program on at 8pm tonight on channel 4 about the state of the British Transport System. You may want to give that a watch.
laurah
like ladyportacabin said, you may end up making a 6hr round trip for an hour long lecture - imagine how annoyed you would feel if you turned up to this lecture after a long 3 hr train journey and the lecture was a bit of a waste or u didn't find it very helpful/interesting, then had to make the 3 hr journey home. I think you'd find it a rather large hassle!

Or even worse the lecture was cancelled when you got there :eek:
Reply 42
I'd probably say up to an hour either way, an hour and a half at the most. Further than that you are pushing it really (do you know if the trains and so on connect at the times you'd need?)
So you're looking at 6 hours on a train each day that you go to uni. If you could spend this time effectively doing uni work or paid work with a laptop or something this could be a good idea. If not thats gonna be 6 hours wasted each day.
Reply 44
You would have to be incredibly disciplined.

If you're the undisciplined type like me, you might start to skip 9am ones as being too early, trains too crowded or too expensive. Then you might start missing late ones as you're feeling tired after an early start and can't be bothered to hang a round for a late one cos that you won't get home again until 9pm. Then you might start missing the ones that seem a bit boring. In the end you might as well not be there.

Some peolple can manage it if they treat it all like a 9-5 job and go in every day for set hours.

Latest

Trending

Trending