The Student Room Group

Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Just completed my numerical test (2016) and it wouldn't close at the end! I still hope it submitted...
Hey I've applied for BTM grad scheme - I had my interview a few days ago and just been told I've passed. Is anyone else in the same situation??
Hey,

I've recently submitted my application for the placement year, I've logged onto my account today and under 'Application status' it is just blank!
Did this happen to anyone else? Surely if I was unsuccessful it would say so? rather than nothing at all!

Thanks, Poppy.
(edited 8 years ago)
hi guys.

I have a telephone interview with Unilever nxt week, would be much appreciated if anyone can give some hints and tips on what types of questions they might ask? I applied for sales scheme (industrial placement). Thanks x
Can you tell me how is the phone interview? What questions they ask? Some tips? Thank you (Sales Area)
Original post by amymeggan
Hey I've applied for BTM grad scheme - I had my interview a few days ago and just been told I've passed. Is anyone else in the same situation??

Hey, I have my phone interview in few days. What sort of questions are in the interview?
Original post by AlexandraElena4
Hey, I have my phone interview in few days. What sort of questions are in the interview? I am very nervous about that
Hei! How was your interview? I have mine on few days
Reply 68
Hey Was just wondering how you interview went?
Original post by sgcarmst
Hey Was just wondering how you interview went?

It was fine.. They ask questions about Unilever, why did you chose your are, how your chosen area is important, situations when you prove you communication, leadership skills. You should have some examples in mind
Original post by AlexandraElena4
Hei! How was your interview? I have mine on few days

It was fine.. They ask questions about Unilever, why did you chose your are, how your chosen area is important, situations when you prove you communication, leadership skills. You should have some examples in mind
Reply 71
Hey, found out I passed the phone interview, has anyone been to an assessment centre yet?
I'm still waiting for an email whether i get invited to an AC or not. What scheme are you applying for? :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by bekylouisex3
I'm still waiting for an email whether i get invited to an AC or not. What scheme are you applying for? :smile:

So am I. Got told I passed the telephone interview 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything since. I'm applying for the marketing scheme, what about you?
Original post by gcarr
So am I. Got told I passed the telephone interview 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything since. I'm applying for the marketing scheme, what abouat you?

Ahhh same! 😜
Reply 75
Original post by gcarr
So am I. Got told I passed the telephone interview 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything since. I'm applying for the marketing scheme, what about you?

Original post by bekylouisex3
Ahhh same! 😜

I got told I've passed the telephone interview for the Marketing programme in the first week of January and haven't heard anything either as to whether I will be invited to the Assessment Day. Do you have any idea when we will hear? 6 weeks is a long time.... but my emails to them bounce back so guess I need to be patient!
From my own experience, these grad schemes (Unilever, Mars etc) produce brand managers who are complete nightmares to work with: they've been told they will become Leaders, and are paid above average wages, and consequently become massively risk-averse, for fear of losing their foothold on their particular golden ladder. Complete nightmares to work with, as they're constantly trying to double guess issues that their line managers may have, so the output of any collaborative work is just one massive compromise. No guts or creativity, just driven by fear.
Reply 77
Original post by DrSocSciences
From my own experience, these grad schemes (Unilever, Mars etc) produce brand managers who are complete nightmares to work with: they've been told they will become Leaders, and are paid above average wages, and consequently become massively risk-averse, for fear of losing their foothold on their particular golden ladder. Complete nightmares to work with, as they're constantly trying to double guess issues that their line managers may have, so the output of any collaborative work is just one massive compromise. No guts or creativity, just driven by fear.

Interesting. In what context and how extensively have you had experience with people from these grad schemes?

Original post by doll13
I got told I've passed the telephone interview for the Marketing programme in the first week of January and haven't heard anything either as to whether I will be invited to the Assessment Day. Do you have any idea when we will hear? 6 weeks is a long time.... but my emails to them bounce back so guess I need to be patient!

No idea when we'll hear! Given that no one I've spoken to has been invited to an assessment day, I imagine they send out invitations in large batches rather than on a case by case basis.
Original post by gcarr
Interesting. In what context and how extensively have you had experience with people from these grad schemes?

10 years of professional practice, that paid off my mortgage. And you?
Reply 79
Original post by DrSocSciences
10 years of professional practice, that paid off my mortgage. And you?

Perhaps unsurprisingly given that this conversation is taking place on an applicants thread in a student forum, my experience is somewhat limited. However, I've spent a lot of time researching various roles and have met quite a few people who have at one time been on one of these schemes. They've all seemed like decent and interesting people who have developed a good combination of creative and commercial skills. The ones who no longer work in these companies all seem to have gone on to have interesting and successful careers in other places. A lot of them have moved into agencies, while others I’ve met have moved into a wide range of companies including Disney, Channel 4 & various tech companies. At a careers event the other day I met the CEO of BBC worldwide who’d started out working as a graduate trainee at P&G - I did’t get the sense that the only thing driving him was fear. Do you mind me asking what you currently do? Do you still work in the marketing/advertising world? If you’re so down on these schemes, do you have any constructive advice as to where would be a better place to start your career?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending