The Student Room Group

Girls first holiday

So me and a bunch of my friends are planning on going away for our first girls holiday we're 18 and we prefer to go ayia napa than go to zante maga malia etc because most of our friends have said they had a wicked time and is much more bigger than the rest, but on the other hand they said it is a bit more pricey than the others. We want to go somewhere where the atmosphere is amazing and has decent boat parties, beaches and clubs/bars. We're not going to get pulled every night and crave attention from the boys we just want a memorable holiday! Also any hotels that you recommend that aren't a long distance from the strip, and how much money would you say to take for a week? We would prefer to go napa but if I get loads of recommendations for somewhere else I will consider it as we don't want to spend massive amounts!
Just came back from Zante with 8 girls for our first holiday and it was amazing!
I was very apprehensive about going as many of my other friends were going Ayia Napa and I was worried we had made a mistake. This was not the case at all, we had the best week ever and never wanted to leave. There are so many brilliant events including boat parties, foam/paint parties, full moon parties, and of course the White Party which has a special guest each week and is literally a massive party on a private Island. The beach is obviously not as good as Ayia Napa's Nissi Beach, but it is still lovely with lots of bars playing music throughout the day and hundreds of 18-30's making it a lively spot but chilled enough to sunbathe. Another thing I liked about Zante was actually how beautiful it was. We hired a speedboat one day and explored turtle Island, snorkelled in caves, found secret beaches etc. Although we never visited, there is a waterpark and also a free bus to St Nicholas beach which has watersports.
The nightlife is great, lots of big clubs and bars to pre drink at and the strip is so long we never visited everywhere.
The main benefit of Zante is the price. It has everything you would need for a girls holiday and was considerably cheaper than other destinations such as Ayia Napa and Ibiza. We paid £500 for an all inclusive hotel 2 minutes away from the beach/strip and spent 260 euros when we were out there (roughly £205), which involved two events, a day trip and going out every single night. If you are looking to go to Ayia Napa, most people I have talked to said the holiday as a whole easily cost them over a grand.
The main thing to consider is your budget and how much you are willing to spend for a week/your requirements.
Zante is fab though and I couldn't recommend enough.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest