A Level Re-sits and Medicine Watch

RumenaY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I failed my first year of college due to numerous circumstances but never really told anyone about them so they weren't considered by exam board, teachers etc.

So I re-took my first year and have now completed it and so am on to looking at different universities to apply to for the Medicine course.

What universities would I have a chance at applying to?

Thanks in advance.
MrDoctor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RumenaY)
I failed my first year of college due to numerous circumstances but never really told anyone about them so they weren't considered by exam board, teachers etc.

So I re-took my first year and have now completed it and so am on to looking at different universities to apply to for the Medicine course.

What universities would I have a chance at applying to?

Thanks in advance.
If you have extenuating circumstances contact your school, make them aware of what happens and ask for a supporting letter. contact your GP and do the same. Contact every single medical school personally (and I mean every single one) and tell them about your situation and attach your evidence. A few are sure to accept you if they feel your reason is suitable. Other possibilities include universities you will consider student even with out extenuating; liverpool, lancaster, east anglia, brighton, keele.... but for most of these you will be at a disadvantage compared to the rest. This is what I did; I had extenuating circumstances, I applied to two universities that consider retakes without extenuating circumstances (was rejected by both preinterview) and two universities that do not accept retakes (but consider you if you have extenuating cicumstances - you must contact them first and explain your situation.) I was given offers by both these universities so it is possible but only with alot of hard work and research into the medical schools. good luck, if you need anything feel free to contact me.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?