Turn on thread page Beta

How can i get motivation to study/revise for my A2 watch

ReputationRep:
    I have started A2 revision in college and i have already fallen behind. How can i motivate myself to revise for my subjects. I dont want to rot my brain for 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a tad confused, you've started A2 revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robocop656)
    I'm a tad confused, you've started A2 revision?
    Yeah. Started from the 5th of june(i stil had AS exams during that perod). I dont want to make the same mistake i made year with my AS by leaving it too late

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Summer can be really useful to get ahead, but frankly, your teachers won't be expecting much of you over this period (even if they say they are). You've put in a lot of hard work, especially over the last few weeks/months, and you actually deserve a rest.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a few weeks or months off and getting started again in August or September. You'll burn yourself out of you keep working non stop

ReputationRep:
    University can be motivation! If you're planning on going, then needing to get certain grades to get to your perfect uni should be great motivation.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean lessons?
    Over the Summer for A2 taught myself the first module of some of my subjects. Just don't over do it, you'll be bored in lesson and exhausted!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see what you mean, sorry i'm in the same boat really, I just wasn't expecting you to be talking about 'revision' if you mean learning new content set yourself a very limited list of goals over the summer if it will make you feel better. In order to better myself ready for this gap between AS and A2, i've just decided on about 10 spec points to cover overall with my subjects over the summer. As Swadq rightly said, your teachers won't be expecting you to go and learn a whole module, furthermore you really don't want to come back to school in september for the long grind feeling like you've had no rest for a 2 year stretch. Just use the summer valuably, every other school holiday up until next summer will most likely be utilised with coursework/homework/revision so make the most of every second!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1x12)
    Do you mean lessons?
    Over the Summer for A2 taught myself the first module of some of my subjects. Just don't over do it, you'll be bored in lesson and exhausted!
    That is what i was thinking of doing as well as teaching myself all of AS physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to start A2 revision now.
    I'm not even doing anything in lessons. You've just had a load of exams and it's best to give yourself a bit of a break, and maybe start revision later on in the summer holidays (around mid August)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    That is what i was thinking of doing as well as teaching myself all of AS physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It will help, but make sure you relax you'll feel much better in September.
    Are you doing AS physics as an extra?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1x12)
    It will help, but make sure you relax you'll feel much better in September.
    Are you doing AS physics as an extra?
    i am doing AS physics as my forth AS during my A2 and another reason why i i am doing it is because i don't want to do general studies

You would need a rest , but that at the same time , maintaining your academic rigour is important

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.