The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
citizen
Hey people how's it going? Good going Finlay, up to 5 warning level now lol.

I know this seems stupid, but just can't get it out of my head so will anyone confirm. Ages ago i read/heard somewhere that all rooms will have a washbasin in them. For some strange reason my mind's fixated on that, it's like a mental itch...so please help me before i go insane.

this new warning was for posting song lyrics.
wtf?

anyway, you know, im not sure all rooms do have sinks.
my GF's did, and the ensuite ones obviously do, but im trying to visualise my mate (who was in harris) room, and i cant see a sink....

oh wait, actually i can, lol. it was at the other end of his bed.
Reply 321
Hi all, my friend "notts" got banned but asked me to pass on this message..

"Here is my phone number and email address! Please get in touch with details of the TSR meet up drink thing."

email address: [email protected]
phone number: 07870480231

I think he was a bit concerned that you'd all think he'd suddenly disappeared or something. He's still up for this drink /meet up thing anywya so get in touch with him.
Reply 322
ok. I'ts sad he's banned. :frown:
I've seen what he was banned for. It wasn't really very serious stuff.
Reply 324
Hey what happened, what did he get banned for Thomas?
Finlay did actually copy and paste the messages to me, that he got warnings for, but I've already forgotten what they said. I'm sure he'll be happy to tell you if you email him. Although don't expect huge shocking misdemeanors! I think the most it could be described as was being a bit impolite.
Reply 326
4 more days wooooohoooooooo
bluie
4 more days wooooohoooooooo

Not long now Bluie!! I actually bought myself a quilt cover and sheet today. And some toothpaste! It may not sound much, but these are the opening signs of me gearing up for the move!
Reply 328
I'm getting properly packed now.

I've got a big sports bag filled with clothes and towels.
I've got a few toiletries and an iron and toaster.

I'm going to see what other people have brought before I go off and buy a kettle, frying pan, sauce pan etc.
Reply 329
Hey Hoshi welcome to the thread. I'm not too sure if there is anybody on this thread doing anthropology. But i forget things quickly (just one symptom of senility), so i may be wrong. Are you gonna be staying on campus, if yes do you know which halls?
Reply 330
Hey i just realised Finlay's going to Lampeter today. Lucky him, i've still got to wait till the 30th. :frown:
Hoshi
I know that everyone goes on the 29th. I just felt that I should post to say hi and is anyone going to do anthropology?

Hello Hoshi,

There's not been anyone on this thread doing anthropology as far as I can recall. But then most people on this thread seem to be doing different courses anyway. I was at one point going to do anthropology myself.

Are you coming to Lampeter on friday too?
Reply 332
hi Hoshi,

im doing cultural archaeology which touches on anthropolgy!
Good afternoon.

I've pretty much packed. Woop. Only got clothes, towels, computer (which needs a clean first) and guitar to go. It doesn't seem as much when it's packed into boxes. Can't wait now.

Is the first thing you do collect room keys? Still quite unsure, haha.

Everyone set now?
Reply 334
most of my stuff is packed now just clothes to go really! gettin excited!

isnt everything sorted out at reception when we get there finance and room keys im a bit confused now hehe:confused:
I've not packed a thing yet. I don't know what I'll need to use between now and leaving. I'm not packing until thursday. I always leave everything to the last minute!
Ah I see.

I suppose I'll just see when I get there, probably first get the registration forms, then go to finance, I'm sure the keys are in the old hall to. So that should be handy.

I was wondering whether to leave my printer at home, it's a rather large printer. Doubt there will be room for it.
Reply 337
Hey guys, im starting at lampeter on the friday, possibly the saturday, and my accomodation is in the St.Davids hall, which Ive been told sucks. Anyways, Im australian and ive been living in south wales for a year, I do brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I am a bassist/guitarist but on the accomodation pack it said that students arent allowed to play their instruments in the study rooms.......thats not going to go down well with me. Im doing ancient history straight and I know absolutley nobody that is going to lampeter which makes me feel a hell of a lot better (kidding). Im just in a terrible mood at the moment, but I am a very friendly person and im sure ill get on with you all.

Im sulking at the moment because me gf started university in shropshire last wednesday, I feel like im missing out..... anyway everyone ready?
Reply 338
You could e-mail the work to the library and print it off there.
That's what I did at school.

Though, I don't know if they'll tolerate coloured printing.
Reply 339
JSH
Hey guys, im starting at lampeter on the friday, possibly the saturday, and my accomodation is in the St.Davids hall, which Ive been told sucks. Anyways, Im australian and ive been living in south wales for a year, I do brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I am a bassist/guitarist but on the accomodation pack it said that students arent allowed to play their instruments in the study rooms.......thats not going to go down well with me. Im doing ancient history straight and I know absolutley nobody that is going to lampeter which makes me feel a hell of a lot better (kidding). Im just in a terrible mood at the moment, but I am a very friendly person and im sure ill get on with you all.

Im sulking at the moment because me gf started university in shropshire last wednesday, I feel like im missing out..... anyway everyone ready?

Welcome to the forums!

The St. David's Hall is the accomodation in the old St. David's College building.
They describe it as "oldey worldy", but, that probably means it's short on mod cons.:rolleyes:

About the instruments thing
I too noticed that.
I think they're covering their backs and I would imagine that they would totally enforce it as law, but, still, we ought to be careful.
basically, play quiet.
They do allow televisions and sterios, so, I can't imagine why they'd not allow musical instruments.

I can think of one reason why not.
I know someone who went to oxford university and he played the bass saxaphone. He wasn't very popular because of it:wink:

The instrument I'd play the most in the halls will be my acoustic guitar, so, that should be tolerable. But, I'll keep it quiet.

Anyway, great for seeing another person whos going to Lampy :smile: