The legend of Boudicca destroyed.

Watch
thelegendkiller1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Boudicca is held up by some feminists and the very ignorant as a good leader. She was actually pretty pathetic. After her husband died, Boudicca was flogged and her daughters raped. This is the part of the legend where the brave woman surely defeated the conquerors and proved she could lead as well as any man right? Wrong. Boudicca attacked the undefended city of Londinium where contrary to the garbage that is often propagated she did not liberate the city but instead slaughtered innocents and for all you credulous people desperately wanting a female leader, she cut the breasts of female prisoners and sown to their mouths.

Then she made one of the most stupid decisions an opponent of the Romans could do, fight them in pitched battle, a venue where the Romans were experts. While sources may be slightly skewed accounts have the indigenous British peoples casualties at 80,000, the Romans at just 400. Boudicca was a joke. What type of idiot fights the Romans in pitched battle? Even at the time it was known how impressive the Romans were.

An all round stupid character was Boudicca.
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You do realise she basically completely destroyed the ninth legion? And yes the very same legion that completely disappeared in Britain or the far east around 20-30 years later.

Also the figures you quoted for the campaign in the ancient sources are regarded by modern historians as extravagant.
Jjj90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Same with Joan of Arc, she had very little impact on the outcome of the war and her successes were largely down to tactical naivety.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.37%
I don't have everything I need (308)
43.63%

Watched Threads