The Student Room Group

is dark humour racist?

is it
Reply 1
Give an example...
No, white people are.
right, because black = dark
limθ0sinθθ10\frac{\displaystyle\lim_{\theta \to 0} \frac{\sin\theta}{\theta}}{10} for effort
Reply 4
Original post by dire wolf
right, because black = dark
limθ0sinθθ10\frac{\displaystyle\lim_{\theta \to 0} \frac{\sin\theta}{\theta}}{10} for effort

why is it called black comedy though
Believe it or not the word black doesn't just apply to the colour of people's skin. Who'd have thought it?
Original post by RumpeIstiltskin
Believe it or not the word black doesn't just apply to the colour of people's skin. Who'd have thought it?

Agreed but it's a shame people jump to conclusions so quickly.
The OP is why society can't have nice things.
Reply 8
Dark humour can be racist but is not inherently so. Dark humour, as the name suggests tends to deal with slightly morbid or 'dark' subject matters such as: murder, suicide, terrorism etc.
"Dark" isn't intrinsically linked to the topic of skin colour - please tell me you didn't think it was...
In my economics A level lessons we were told we weren't allowed to use the phrase "black market" as it was racist.
Original post by DErasmus
is it

Definition of dark humour: "humour that makes light of otherwise serious subject matter."

As other users have said, it can be racist but mostly veers towards death, misery, stupidity etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by TroyAndAbed
In my economics A level lessons we were told we weren't allowed to use the phrase "black market" as it was racist.

haha nice 1

Quick Reply

Latest