Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradders)
    Yikes! You poor thing ... not even my best dishcloth treatment would ease your pain ...

Thankfully I haven't had one like that for a year or two, they are seriously evil!

ReputationRep:
    I’ll send my exorcist round … he’s very good …
    Thanks, that'd be greatly appreciated and I'll give the exorcist lunch if he needs feeding...

ReputationRep:
    i used to have migraines like that - people kept thinking i had meningitis. then one day they just stopped and never came back... hmm, very odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    I'm sure it helps. I gave up taking painkillers when I had a headache or the flu or a cold.
    lucky you, how did u give em up by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    Chocolate may help, if not, it tastes good anyway.
    it does help, but in the long run it f**ks u up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    hmm - become a fruitarian like me and you will miss them - i dont know if i am alive without a nice headache and i havent had one in months - Headaches are linked to the constricting of blood cells in the head and this is linked to the digestion system - plenty of water, healthy food and excercise should clear it - or else try aggravating it and scare it away - or experience it and live with it as though you have accepted it as a part of your life

very interesting. thx.

ReputationRep:
    You could always use 4Head. It is this small lipstick-style product which you put on your forehead (it is invisible!) It is menthol and goes all cool and soothes a headache right away. It's lovely to use! Only costs a fiver from Superdrug and lasts for years as you only use a tiny bit at a time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ELiTeCoOkie_)
    dark room
    u being serious or u kidin around pal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Stop clenching your teeth (many people do this without realising or while they're asleep and it can cause some evil headaches).

Also get your eyes tested - if you use computers regularly you can get anti-reflective lenses for glasses that will stop the screen from triggering migraines and headaches so often (even if you don't need prescription lenses).

Also cannabis is wonderful for biting through headaches.
    cannabis...ummm, u sure bout that, i dnt wana take it and get higg like people do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    if it's like the mean, evil ones I used to get that were above one eye and my eyes had patterns over them and then I kept throwing up, then there's nothing you can do except moan and try and sleep, and if it gets really bad cry because anything you take will be thrown up anyway
    i cant cry easy

ReputationRep:
    Inhalations … by which I mean the old head in a bowl of scalding water with a dirty dishcloth covering all … it works, it works!
    u being sarcastic... cuz i tell u sumthin, that sure works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusmak)
    i cant cry easy
    if it's bad enough you'll cry, it feels like it's never going to stop and nothing you do makes it go away... horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

Thankfully I haven't had one like that for a year or two, they are seriously evil!
    the worstr 1 i had was wen i felt that my head was guna explode literally, it felt like i was smashed by 2 doors either side of my head, boy did that hert. i toke lemons and oranges and juice, and wen it was still there i took 2 paracetamales, and it seemed to get worse, so i jus ly in bed and toke the pain like a solider. well near enough anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi53)
    i used to have migraines like that - people kept thinking i had meningitis. then one day they just stopped and never came back... hmm, very odd.
    do pardon my questionning but what the hell are migraines

ReputationRep:
    the worstr 1 i had was wen i felt that my head was guna explode literally, it felt like i was smashed by 2 doors either side of my head, boy did that hert. i toke lemons and oranges and juice, and wen it was still there i took 2 paracetamales, and it seemed to get worse, so i jus ly in bed and toke the pain like a solider. well near enough anyway.

mine were more migraines, bloody evil! They used to wake me up at 3 in the morning, it's a very scary experience when you're only 12/13, and I was throwing up bile because I had no food in my system, I remember taking panadol and then it got thrown up and it was all half dissolved in the bile, ewwwwww.

It's a sort of pain that you can't really describe or understand unless you've experienced it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

mine were more migraines, bloody evil! They used to wake me up at 3 in the morning, it's a very scary experience when you're only 12/13, and I was throwing up bile because I had no food in my system, I remember taking panadol and then it got thrown up and it was all half dissolved in the bile, ewwwwww.

It's a sort of pain that you can't really describe or understand unless you've experienced it.
    got ya, well i hiope you much better and healthier now, what did they say the problem was

ReputationRep:
    got ya, well i hiope you much better and healthier now, what did they say the problem was
    yeh I don't get them anymore *crosses fingers*, I never saw anyone about them so I don't know why I got them...

hope your headaches clear up though

ReputationRep:
    ibuprofen, always works for me...

ReputationRep:
    Amputate!

ReputationRep:
    Take paracetamol : you only live once.

John

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.