The Student Room Group

Which university should I choose ? Royal Holloway or Brunel ?

I have applied for BSc computer Science
and so far I have got three offers from universities

Royal Holloway University ( Unconditional)

Brunel University ( Conditional ; Error happened in offer letter, Can be sorted by a mail to university)

University of reading ( Conditional ; Need to take English language test as they say even my 83% in A level Equivalant English is not enough for the Entry Standards)

1. I live near Hounslow and Brunel and Royal Holloway are both same distance from my home (10 miles approx)

Travel to Brunel takes 55mins ( one direct bus Costs £2.50)
Travel to Royal Holloway takes 1hour 20 mins ( 3 bus transfers Costs £13)

I have a license and my insurance quote is around £2500 even for a stupid old car. For first year I guess I have to look for Public transport only.

2. The course work in Royal Holloway is 29% compared to coursework in Brunel of 55% . I'm don't bother about this but just incase one exam screw up should'nt bring my grades down.

3. 2015 CUG Rankings for brunel is 48 and Royal Holloway is 36
Should I go for better ranking university or a Convenient University?

With respect to my course computers in mind can everyone please give opinion on which one should I be choosing and any other points I'm missing.

Thank You :smile:
Reply 1
go royal Holloway it will get you better jobs after the degree and you will have more fun there. i have applied at both but havent heard from them as of yet. what grades are u predicted that u got a unconditional offer from them?
Going from hounslow to brunel will be a pain in the the ass. ive applied for brunel but its my last choice. i didn't pick royal holloway cus its not really a uni that is respected for its science courses. however royal holloway is ranekd higher. i heard computer science at brunel has a lot of coursework to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending