Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Someone just sent me this:

http://shipley.nottingham.ac.uk:8003/program.htm

Its couse timetables starting from this september!

Find yours now (if you are really wanting to lol!). Best to look at the timetables as 1st sememster and 2nd semester (rather than all 52 weeks lol)

ReputationRep:
    My timetable looks good! No lecs on wednesdays and untill week 6, one lecture on thursday!

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday afternoon everyone gets off! Is that definately the 2006 link, cos they are still online for a number of AYs.

ReputationRep:
    It is 2006, as when you view a timetable, at the top right, it says starting from 2nd october 2006 to somewhere in Jan 2007

ReputationRep:
    OK, just making sure, didnt do mine as IM not at nottm this year and couldnt be bovvad. I remember last year that I got that, then i turned up and it was totally wrong though lol.

ReputationRep:
    Not having signed up for seminars yet, it isn't all that helpful... though I'm going to try VERY hard to avoid 9ams this year. They were bad enough when I was on campus...

ReputationRep:
    What I don't understand, is how you know which class you're attending. cos on my timetable (maths y1) theres loads at the same time :confused:
    maybe im just being silly...

ReputationRep:
    check the weeks in the corners

ReputationRep:
    Also, I don't know about maths, but if you have seminars, the groups are smaller so you need to sign up to groups... so you won't know which time you're doing them until week one.

ReputationRep:
    Am i right in assuming that we get allocated randomly into seminar groups?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh cool, looks like ive got away with no 9am lectures, no lectures on monday until 2pm and friday afternoon basically free !

Confussing tho

ReputationRep:
    Not for English... there were sign up sheets on the walls and we had to wrestle to get the ones that weren't 9 o'clocks!!

It does mean you can sign up with friends though, which is nice.

ReputationRep:
    But how do you know which of the seminars you'll be getting? You just sign up for them in week one? Also, how do I know which of the things on the timetable is a seminar and which a lecture? Maybe I'm just being stupid, but where does it say ?

http://shipley.nottingham.ac.uk:8003...t=100&week=100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne*UK*06)
    But how do you know which of the seminars you'll be getting? You just sign up for them in week one? Also, how do I know which of the things on the timetable is a seminar and which a lecture? Maybe I'm just being stupid, but where does it say ?

If you look in the actual squares it should say stuff like Q41101/L1/01. L1 (and so on) is lectures and s1 is seminars.

ReputationRep:
    Mine doesn't look like it has loads of diff seminars, i don't really get it all though!

ReputationRep:
    If you're a first year I wouldn't worry anyway, they'll give you a timetable when you go!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh true, its just exciting :p:

ReputationRep:
    I can't even find my course on it, let alone the timetable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *soph*)
    I can't even find my course on it, let alone the timetable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    If you look in the actual squares it should say stuff like Q41101/L1/01. L1 (and so on) is lectures and s1 is seminars.
    Ah, okay, that helped, thanks

So will I get a timetable that has the lectures and seminars I'll have to go to on it? Can I pick the afternoon seminars or are they assigned to you?

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.