The Student Room Group

Can you permaban persistent racist trolls?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ggmu!
What does this mean? What other ways? Would these other ways help to permaban members?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are hardly going to write a manual and share it :tongue: As all that does is make it easier for those trying to get around it. Is it impossible to get around? No but you really do have to be a rather sad individual.
Reply 21
Original post by Idle
We are hardly going to write a manual and share it :tongue: As all that does is make it easier for those trying to get around it. Is it impossible to get around? No but you really do have to be a rather sad individual.

LOL no offence but I don't think it would make much of a difference in the league of dupe trolls to be honest.

There are some sad individuals, extremely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Ggmu!
LOL no offence but I don't think it would make much of a difference in the league of dupe trolls to be honest.

There are some sad individuals, extremely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some banned users on here are going on 100 banned accounts now, considering it is volunteers who do this I don't think there are many websites out there who have a better skilled group at being able to detect and remove such individuals.
Out of interest if a member gets permabanned can't they just reset their IP address and make a new account?
Original post by Idle
Some banned users on here are going on 100 banned accounts now, considering it is volunteers who do this I don't think there are many websites out there who have a better skilled group at being able to detect and remove such individuals.

It's not really difficult though is it? You can tell straight away who the repeat offenders are, not many of them are subtle about it.

If you suspect someone and check their sign up email (not always necessary as the usernames usually give it away) and it's 10minutemail then you're almost certain without even running an IP check.
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
Out of interest if a member gets permabanned can't they just reset their IP address and make a new account?

Yes but the account gets banned eventually. The Mad Dog and his thousand dupes shows this.
Tbh, I think half the issue is that there are not enough mods to respond to complaints so this guy ends up posting for hours ( sometimes longer) without getting banned.

If he was banned quicker then I don't think he would be as quick to restart a new account each time.
Reply 27
Original post by Idle

Of course I'm not disputing that but I'm just saying that powers that are available to you/methods could be disclosed without it affecting you doing your job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Noticing a lot of these lately and it seems that as soon as they're banned they make new accounts. They're not even subtle about it, posting copied stuff that they said before.

it's pretty offensive having to read all that but what I don't get is why you can't permaban these idiots? Why after several accounts are they still here?

Affirmative comrade overlord.
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
Affirmative comrade overlord.

That's how it should be
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
That's how it should be

It's the same way in which the government can't catch or shut down people who put on illegal content on the internet. All you need to do is change your IP address or hide behind proxies, create a new name and you're good to go.

What do you expect them to do?
I don't think 10minutemail should be blocked.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Don't listen to him. Unless someone is using the same posting style then you can't.

You can. Not going to go into detail; but we go on far more than IP address.
Original post by SecretDuck
Yes but the account gets banned eventually. The Mad Dog and his thousand dupes shows this.

Never heard of him lol.

Doesnt the issue arise though from banned members using any made up domain, for an email address.
Original post by OU Student
You can. Not going to go into detail; but we go on far more than IP address.

Seconded. @Wilfred Little, you may not trust the mods, but there are definitely ways. I can easily think of at least two very obvious ones (technical ones, not just by posting style/whatever), and I'm sure there are plenty more I don't know.
Original post by President Snow
Seconded. @Wilfred Little, you may not trust the mods, but there are definitely ways. I can easily think of at least two very obvious ones (technical ones, not just by posting style/whatever), and I'm sure there are plenty more I don't know.

Post them.
Why do so many white people lways have poop stains in their Underwear?

:laugh:

The latest thread title.
Reply 37
Original post by redferry
Oh here come the PC brigade! Trying to stop free speech! Its the truth, all white people sleep with animals, it's and OBSERVATION, its not racist!!!!

agreed
Reply 38
imtelling and greenmarbles and 2 blatant racists who should be banned.
Just get their address from the IP person and hunt them down :lockstock:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending