Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anyone know whats planned for Freshers week? like is their a school disco nite? / fancy dress etc? xx

ReputationRep:
    At plymouth freshers week is pretty poor. theres usually societys doing bar crawls but thats all i remember from last year.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, plymouth freshers is a bit crap really.

exmouth is where its at! we went up to exmouth a couple of times during freshers cos its so much better.

ReputationRep:
    lol i refuse 2 blieve that. i think we're all enthusiastic and will make it a good time for ourselves

ReputationRep:
    yeah for sure, it is definitely what you make it. all im saying is not to expect too much from "organised" events. just going for wild nights with all the new mates your making etc tends to be more eventful than whatever the union has planned.

ReputationRep:
    does any one know the dates are for freshers week?

ReputationRep:
    Ive been asked to get there on the 13th but i think people start getting there from the 11th and the actual freshers week is from the 18th september the following week.

ReputationRep:
    so is freshers week the same week we enrol. wot dates is everyone oving into their accomodation, coz i aint got a clue wen i shud.
    kel

ReputationRep:
    I think people are meant to arrive at halls between 11th and 15th depending which halls you are in and then the following week is week there is registration and induction meetings and all that.
    I have been working the last few years and already had my results so i got confirmation of my room and when i need to get there a while ago but im sure everyone should get a letter saying the date and time you have to get there.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i got my accomodation details and dates a few days ago, i have to be there on the 13th, the earliest of all the unis my friends are going to.

It's best to go early though because it gives you a chance to get to know the people in your halls and your surroundings before everything gets busy.

Back to the topic of freshers week, if the stuff provided by the uni is rubbish we shud just try an organise our own fancy dress, pub golf or something like that...just make sure people know about it and you arent the only person dressed as vicky pollard (although from what im hearing you would fit right in in the town centre)

ReputationRep:
    You there on the 13th as well are you mate.... you in Robbins?

Ive read that Freshers isnt as good as at some uni's but there will be pub crawls ect... so im sure it will be good as long as there is people and alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    Niick, Just read on another post you are in Robbins in the top floor... you know what room? im up there, think its room N704 but could me mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    Ah kool, yeah im in room E706 which im pretty sure is at the top as the description of the room said it had a sloping ceiling.

Yea i go down on the 13th, bringin the cavalry to help me unload all my stuff and drag it up the stairs as i think it said there is no lift either!?

ReputationRep:
    wrong thread

ReputationRep:
    Even if there's nothing organized, who cares? Let's just drink until our legs stop working.

You want something organized? Deal. Everyone come to room 135 in Pilgrim Halls (Block 1) on the 18th September and party. There we go

ReputationRep:
    theres some stuff on the plymouth union website for pre freshers, freshers and returners week. http://www.upsu.com/suents/content/index.php?page=26203

that should take you to it the headphone thing seems a laugh :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, talk about waking up an old thread, this is 2 years old!

ReputationRep:
    I saw on a leaflet I got with all my plymouth stuff other day that carlton banks may be coming!! from fresh prince of bel air, has anyone else seen this!!!!

i thought the things for halls began on the 15th september? is that the first day then?

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    To be honest i cant even remember freshers. Other than alot of drink and alot of girls. Even if there was alot of stuff organized(there probs was). doubt i would've attended anything. drank with new flat mates and other people in halls and stuff.
    You dont need people to tell you how to get pissed and have a good time! surely.

ReputationRep:
    The good thing about freshers is that you have the opportunity to meet people from different years and courses, especially the sports and societies people. Its all to easy to stick to the people you live with, but its much better to meet loads of people. Also, it kinda gives people direction on where people might be throughout the night, student friendly places, and where most peeps are gonna be at the end of the night..

Also, you will have a keen idea of the different student nights and where they are going to be for the rest of the year, as most venues are used on the nights students use em.. or at least i would hope it worked that way.. it did in exmouth campus..

University open days

• University of Plymouth
    All departments open Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Mar '19
  • University of Plymouth
    All departments open Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of Plymouth
    All departments open Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.