The Student Room Group

Why are South Americans dirty cheats

This topic has nothing to do about Lewis Suarez biting chichini

It's just annoying they cheat in every tournament. Dive, elbow, bite, surround referees, get ppl sent off, handball, etc

Not even in football, in wrestling too. Anyone remember Eddie Guerrero and Rey mysterio? As soon as the ref turned his back, they would kick the opponent in the ball sack and pin him

I'm glad we English don't engage in cheating even if we suck

Posted from TSR Mobile
England cheated their way past the naive side Cameroon in 1990
Original post by Jordooooom
England cheated their way past the naive side Cameroon in 1990

Don't forget Michael Owen's dive for the penalty vs Argentina in 2002 (Becks scored it and we won 1-0) which seems to have been erased from memory.

I have no problem with teams 'cheating' as it largely goes unpunished, if the referees & assistants booked people for diving and the like it wouldn't keep happening but they don't.
Reply 3
England are as bad as any other team.. Didn't Sturridge dive in the Costa Rica game?
Reply 4
Original post by john0101
This topic has nothing to do about Lewis Suarez biting chichini

It's just annoying they cheat in every tournament. Dive, elbow, bite, surround referees, get ppl sent off, handball, etc

Not even in football, in wrestling too. Anyone remember Eddie Guerrero and Rey mysterio? As soon as the ref turned his back, they would kick the opponent in the ball sack and pin him

I'm glad we English don't engage in cheating even if we suck

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do realise wrestling is scripted....
Totally disagree I think with the exception of a few cases, South American footballers abide by the rules more that their European counterparts
Reply 6
Original post by Wilfred Little
Don't forget Michael Owen's dive for the penalty vs Argentina in 2002 (Becks scored it and we won 1-0) which seems to have been erased from memory.

I have no problem with teams 'cheating' as it largely goes unpunished, if the referees & assistants booked people for diving and the like it wouldn't keep happening but they don't.

And come to think of it, I'm not sure I've actually seen a single booking for diving in this WC, despite it being in just about every game as you'd expect. I certainly strongly support the rule, but surely in the interests of its Fair Play slogan, FIFA would have it implemented in their flagship tournament? That said, the number of bookings seems to have been quite low this WC anyway and it was ridiculous seeing Honduras get away with so many fouls with relatively few bookings in the end considering how many nasty challenges they made.

Quick Reply

Latest