Turn on thread page Beta

Homosexuality... Why is it a problem? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    True stats are fact, but thats different to making true interpretations about things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    When you finish your education you will learn not to put so much faith into stats. Statistics do not verify your argument.

"I go to the trouble of pointing out the health dangers of homosexual activity and backing it several times with stats and facts and all I get is bloody stupid comments about sodomy not being exclusive to homosexuals (I know that)"

This quote is rather disturbing. Are you really this dumb? Surely not.
    Hmmm.....when I finish my education? Well I've got two degrees already pal. How many do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkonline)
    True stats are fact, but thats different to making true interpretations about things.
    I quoted stats. Not my interpretation of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    yeh u did !

ReputationRep:
    Quote your interpretation of them then.

Please try and be nice everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Well how many campaigns can we have exactly? Excuse my crudeness but anybody who is not yet aware that sticking their **** up another guy's backside is a bloody dangerous thing to do must have been living in a cave for the last 20 years.
    that is quite distasteful!! but then again this is a very controversial issue...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    that is quite distasteful!! but then again this is a very controversial issue...
    Well, I'm a distastful and contoversial person so you shouldn't be surprized.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Quote your interpretation of them then.

Please try and be nice everyone!
    They don't need to be interpreted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    Yeh it is distasteful, and the prob is he thinks, like some other right wingers on this board, that if you are ok with things liek this then ur only doing is cos of 'PC'.

He doesn't understand that every sex act had risks, it whether you protect yourself or not that is the difference.

ReputationRep:
    yeh u did !
    OK.......one again for your benefit.......

- A 1997 study in British Columbia found the life expectancy of men who engage in sodomy to be comparable to that of the average Canadian man in 1871. Researchers estimate that nearly half of the 20 year old men currently engaging in sodomy will not reach their 65th birthday.1

- Ninety-five percent or more of the AIDS infections among gay men result from receptive anal intercourse.2

- The risk of anal cancer "soars" by nearly 4,000% for men who have sex with men. The rate doubles again for those who are HIV positive. A Michigan homosexual newspaper admits there is no such thing as "safe sex" to prevent this "soaring" cancer risk. Condoms offer only limited protection.3

- Homosexual men face a significantly higher risk of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, anal cancer, gonorrhea and gastrointestinal infections as a result of their sexual practices.4

- Men who engage in sodomy are 860% more likely to contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD), increasing up to 500% their risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. Men who commit acts of sodomy with men have large numbers of anonymous partners, which can result in rapid, extensive transmission of STDs. Control of STDs is a central component of HIV infection prevention in the United States; resurgence of bacterial STDs threatens national HIV infection prevention efforts.5

- Anal Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection is nearly universal among HIV-positive homosexual or bisexual men and about 60% in HIV-negative men exhibiting the same sexual behavior.6

Can you tell me how I interpreted these facts? Exactly how did I distort and pervert them to meet by argument?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm a distastful and contoversial person so you shouldn't be surprized.
    me thinks sum1 wants to win a UKL award. the new vienna95?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm.....when I finish my education? Well I've got two degrees already pal. How many do you have?
    *cough* intellectual snobbery *cough*

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it is distasteful, and the prob is he thinks, like some other right wingers on this board, that if you are ok with things liek this then ur only doing is cos of 'PC'.

He doesn't understand that every sex act had risks, it whether you protect yourself or not that is the difference.
    Please refer to my earlier post which states that condoms do not prevent many diseases that result from sodomy which dispoves your theory that protection is the only difference.

Pleare refer to my other post which informs the reader how the gay community is abandoning the use of protection anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    *cough* intellectual snobbery *cough*
    Not really Blissy. I'm afraid I didn't quite make Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    me thinks sum1 wants to win a UKL award. the new vienna95?
    Nothing wrong with aspiration. Though I do have a lot of catching up to do! I am but an amaetur as compared to the legend of Vienna.

ReputationRep:
    Not really Blissy. I'm afraid I didn't quite make Cambridge!
    I consider "I've got two degrees so ner" to be intellectual snobbery....

ReputationRep:
    Please refer to my earlier post which states that condoms do not prevent many diseases that result from sodomy which dispoves your theory that protection is the only difference.

Pleare refer to my other post which informs the reader how the gay community is abandoning the use of protection anyway.
    There are otehr ways of protections other than condoms. But condoms are the best way of stopping most diseases including HIV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I consider "I've got two degrees so ner" to be intellectual snobbery....
    Well, matey boy shouldn't patronize me with "when you've finished your education" should he?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with aspiration. Though I do have a lot of catching up to do! I am but an amaetur as compared to the legend of Vienna.
    u are doing a gr8 job though! real good laugh !

ReputationRep:
    There are otehr ways of protections other than condoms. But condoms are the best way of stopping most diseases including HIV.
    I'm not being facetious here, but what are they? I don't know of any other protection that gay men could use (other than abstinence)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.