Turn on thread page Beta

Homosexuality... Why is it a problem? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Multiply it by 1000 if you want. The facts don't change.
    The gay community isn't 1000 people. The fact is that not every homosexual person is promiscuous. Although I can see where you are coming from, I do not agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    No, and neither would a heterosexual engaging in unprotected sex with multiple partners. Please Howard, spare me.
    Well, then please try and keep up the thread, rather than blasting away indiscriminately.

ReputationRep:
    Multiply it by 1000 if you want. The facts don't change.
    No, but 0 * 1000 is still 0. Of course a rabiat mad maniac with an agressive personality armed with an AK-47 and pansar piercing amunition and schock grenades is going to be a danger to the public, but he is not any more dangerous if he is a homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    The gay community isn't 1000 people. The fact is that not every homosexual person is promiscuous. Although I can see where you are coming from, I do not agree.
    Of course every homosexual isn't promiscuous.

ReputationRep:
    Even thinking about man/man or woman/woman makes me feel physically sick so I try not to!!!

ReputationRep:
    Of course every homosexual isn't promiscuous.
    Then there is still a higher risk of a person being killed from a car crash, or any other realted sort of incident, than because a few homosexuals contract an STD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    No, but 0 * 1000 is still 0. Of course a rabiat mad maniac with an agressive personality armed with an AK-47 and pansar piercing amunition and schock grenades is going to be a danger to the public, but he is not any more dangerous if he is a homosexual.
    I'll treat that observation with the contempt it so richly deserves.

ReputationRep:
    Well, then please try and keep up the thread, rather than blasting away indiscriminately.
    Cmon, you chose an unresponsible behaviour, then you said "what if a Homosexual behaved in this way" and then you assume that this somehow proves that homosexuality is a bad thing. Wonderful logic Howard. I suppose then heterosexuality is a bad thing because a heterosexual persion could run around raping a few thousand wommen making them pregnant and so increasing the number of orphans in teh society? This type of logic is just pure nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Even thinking about man/man or woman/woman makes me feel physically sick so I try not to!!!
    WHY? that's the sort of thing I don't understand. I would be able to understand if someone has had a traumatic experience to do with it, but I just don't get it otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Then there is still a higher risk of a person being killed from a car crash, or any other realted sort of incident, than because a few homosexuals contract an STD.
    I'm talking about the risks to homosexuals themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Yes, but AIDs is spreading and spreading and spreading! It has gone from one infected person to however many million there are now. If people don't curtail their promiscuity then AIDs/HIV will continue to spread at an alarming rate.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I would have thought you would be all in favour of the right for an individual to take hir own risks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    WHY? that's the sort of thing I don't understand. I would be able to understand if someone has had a traumatic experience to do with it, but I just don't get it otherwise!
    Well why not? Some things just disgust some people. I like eating "chitlings" but some folks find it disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Yes, but AIDs is spreading and spreading and spreading! It has gone from one infected person to however many million there are now. If people don't curtail their promiscuity then AIDs/HIV will continue to spread at an alarming rate.
    So can we agree that it isn't just homosexuals causing this spread of STD's? It's heterosexuals, bisexuals, and homosexuals. It's everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I would have thought you would be all in favour of the right for an individual to take hir own risks.
    I wouldn't mind someone bungee jumping... but if they were bungee jumping into a crowd and could possibly kill someone else and themselves I woudl be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Strange, I thought you were arguing from the point of view of the average person, in view of the NHS... my mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I am. I honestly couldn't give two hoots what people do.

But this thread is called "Homosexuality........why is it a problem"? What I'm saying is that IMO it is a problem (or one of the reasons that it is a problem is) because it causes very serious diseases in those who practice it.

That's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I wouldn't mind someone bungee jumping... but if they were bungee jumping into a crowd and could possibly kill someone else and themselves I woudl be bothered.
    If that crowd knew the risks of standing under a bungee jumping person, then it's partly their fault if they get killed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Strange, I thought you were arguing from the point of view of the average person, in view of the NHS... my mistake.
    That's another point. I could talk from that angle too.

ReputationRep:
    I am. I honestly couldn't give two hoots what people do.

But this thread is called "Homosexuality........why is it a problem"? What I'm saying is that IMO it is a problem (or one of the reasons that it is a problem is) because it causes very serious diseases in those who practice it.

That's all.
    It doesn't cause the disease. And it's not just the people that practice it that spread it. I respect your opinion, but...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.