Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I'm wondering how can I maximise my chances of getting onto an ACA graduate scheme. What companies should I be focusing on, besides the obvious giants like PwC, KPMG etc..? Location and salary isn't of importance as my priority is training/experience and the qualification in the end. For how many schemes have you applied before getting a place? With regards to assessments and interviews, are you expected to have some accountancy knowledge already?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.accountancyage.com/static/top50-this-year

A lot of these offer positions where theyll pay for you to study for it.

You havent said anything about yourself though, are you a graduate? Do you go to a good university? Gonna get a 2.1?

To get into the Big 4 all you need is to meet the entry requirements which are generally 300+ UCAS points and a 2.1 (from a decent uni, although they dont say this) and then just pass their assessments. Theres not much more to it. The hardest part will be getting past the assessment centre/partner interview where you need some commercial awareness but not so much accountancy knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    BDO is one company

ReputationRep:
    I Iive in kent and don't mind London as it's really close, if I get in a good uni and get a 2.1 how much do you think I can expect to get paid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slim Shady 96)
    I Iive in kent and don't mind London as it's really close, if I get in a good uni and get a 2.1 how much do you think I can expect to get paid

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You wont get the job because youre clearly a moron incapable of conducting a Google search

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    BDO is one company
    The merger happened after that list was published...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypercaine.)
    You wont get the job because youre clearly a moron incapable of conducting a Google search
    yh cba i would rather have you do it for me but I can see ur not in the mood

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.