Turn on thread page Beta

Modern beauty products - worth the money? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Two questions:

a) Are modern beauty products necessary? You see all these various forms of moisturiser, skin purifying creams, anti-aging creams etc - they never had them in the past, and do modern people really look all the better for it?

b) Even if they do make you look better, are they value for money?

ReputationRep:
    its not really answering ur question but i was just wondering if anyone just uses water to wash thier face and nothing else like no face moisteriser either?? i get spot outbreaks all d time and was thinking maybe i should just start washing my face with just water???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deerylou)
    its not really answering ur question but i was just wondering if anyone just uses water to wash thier face and nothing else like no face moisteriser either?? i get spot outbreaks all d time and was thinking maybe i should just start washing my face with just water???
    I don't think using JUST water will help, just use face washes for sensitive skin, not stuff like soap. Unfortunatly i'm prone to outbreaks too, nothing you can do apart from using spot creams (even those don't work for me!)

ReputationRep:
    yea i already use a senstive face wash, and spot creams dont work for me either!! ive tried so many different products and none of them work for me, its so frustrating! and i do all d right things like eating heathily, drinking loadsa water and its not due to stress or nething like that either!

ReputationRep:
    No. The only thing you could call a beauty product apart from the necessary hygine things are hair dye and lipsil. Especially for men, anything else isn't really necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deerylou)
    yea i already use a senstive face wash, and spot creams dont work for me either!! ive tried so many different products and none of them work for me, its so frustrating!
    Which sums up my stance on why all these beauty products are useless lol. Anyway, if you have lots of spots, it can be a medical condition, see a doctor. They can give you various courses of medication - it worked for me.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.