Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe in luck? Why? Why not? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe in luck? Why? Why not?
    Do you believe that there are lucky people/days/things? That there is such a thing as luck? That luck comes and goes, one can have luck, and then lose it all? That others can steal your luck?

ReputationRep:
    No i don't believe all that jibber jabber. Though.. you won't catch me walking under any ladders.

ReputationRep:
    Luck is the name given to a situation in which, out of several possible outcomes, the one which is beneficial to you ends up happening by chance, even though it was unlikely. Luck isn't an attribute that you either have or don't have from beforehand, which actually causes events to go in your favour. If that were the case, it wouldn't be luck at all, but an influenced outcome.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the harder I work the more luck I seem to have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    Luck is the name given to a situation in which, out of several possible outcomes, the one which is beneficial to you ends up happening by chance, even though it was unlikely. Luck isn't an attribute that you either have or don't have from beforehand, which actually causes events to go in your favour. If that were the case, it wouldn't be luck at all, but an influenced outcome.
    this is bs, as any scientist knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dire wolf)
    this is bs, as any scientist knows.
    No it's not. That is exactly what any scientist would tell you.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not, any educated man wouldn't believe in that scam.

ReputationRep:
    I believe in mathematical probabilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)

You must be so much fun at parties.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloud nine.)
    You must be so much fun at parties.
    You're right, but I'm impressed that you managed to deduce that from one TSR post.

ReputationRep:
    I believe in luck In a way that if u do a good thing then a good thing will happen to u and u can hav a lucky day. Same with bad, that's just the way it has worked in my life

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No.
    I'm one who believes "you make your own luck".
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I'd argue you can have Luck as an attribute. That's because Luck is about perception. Have you ever noticed 'Lucky' people tend to just be the ones who focus on the good things that happen? The things that go their way? To be Lucky is simply to believe you are lucky.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.