Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you all think of glasses? Are they old-fashioned in this day and age what with all the laser surgery and stuff... I think that there was a phase a while back when a load of celebs randomly started wearing specs! I like the idea of different coloured contact lenses.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of people who wear glasses are nerds. Reading is bad for your eyes. If you read alot when younger you will probably need glasses in your late teens early 20's even if you have genetically perfect eyes.

Unfortunatly I must have fallen into this catagory when younger and now wear contact lenses sometimes. I will probably have laser surgery in the next 5 years or so if they get any worse.

ReputationRep:
    I wear spectacles. I don't want to. I want laser surgery. Or red contact lenses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    What do you all think of glasses? Are they old-fashioned in this day and age what with all the laser surgery and stuff... I think that there was a phase a while back when a load of celebs randomly started wearing specs! I like the idea of different coloured contact lenses.
    i want green... or yellow

ReputationRep:
    I have perfect eyes. A brown colour. Deep and meaningful.

ReputationRep:
    Glasses make you look intellectual. Especially coupled with a white coat and shiny stethoscope. Oh, the memories of Dr. Victoria Merrick off Holby City

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i want green... or yellow
    I remember Linford Christie had these wicked "Puma" ones cos he was sponsored by them :cool:

(Original post by Joey_Johns)
    The majority of people who wear glasses are nerds.
    erm i hope you were joking there cos that is just BS!

ReputationRep:
    i have been wearing glasses since im 7 n i find them really geeky ...

ReputationRep:
    is there any1 who cant actualy wear contact lenses ...

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with glasses! They can look very sophisticated and even sexy

Still I'm glad I don't have to wear them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    is there any1 who cant actualy wear contact lenses ...
    i think that it shouldnt be a problem... you just gotta get used to them! although, some people to have astigmatic (sp?) eyes, in which case you need to have special contacts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    I remember Linford Christie had these wicked "Puma" ones cos he was sponsored by them :cool:

erm i hope you were joking there cos that is just BS!
    No it is not. It is scientifically proven. Children who read printed text a lot when younger develop poor eyes. When reading text you only use a small percentage of your eye, which over time causes the other parts of your vision to become cloudy, which eventually causes short sighted-ness. The simple way to remedy this is to tell your children to take a 30 sec break every 20 mins and look out of the window across the horizon, by doing so using the whole eye again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    I like my glasses, and i quite like wearin them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Just think of that glasses, hair-up, 'sexy secretary' look
    <fainting with ecstacy at the thought>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    I thought that the number of people wearing glasses was on teh icnrease; especially with all the designer glasses etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    No it is not. It is scientifically proven. Children who read printed text a lot when younger develop poor eyes. When reading text you only use a small percentage of your eye, which over time causes the other parts of your vision to become cloudy, which eventually causes short sighted-ness. The simple way to remedy this is to tell your children to take a 30 sec break every 20 mins and look out of the window across the horizon, by doing so using the whole eye again.
    :eek: so that includes monitors too?
    tammy is that because your eyes are too sensitive? i think that might be a factor... the laser treatment seems a bit suspect to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    <fainting with ecstacy at the thought>
    Ecstacy is an illegal. drug. No wonder you fainted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Ecstacy is an illegal. drug. No wonder you fainted.
    Erm... no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Just think of that glasses, hair-up, 'sexy secretary' look
    :eek:

You're a mind reader

Or a dirty pervert.

Or perhaps both.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    Erm... no.
    It is.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2004
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.