okie dokie piginapokie
    hello jobseekers!

ReputationRep:
    one of my favorite series

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    one of my favorite series
    Wash your hands before and after... Du--ring if it's LOOOOOOOOONG

In this house we do not use the F word. THis is a TOOOOAD.

Creme Brulee

What dear? No need to be so rude dear.

scudd bee as eny budy got eny boddle orunj jooo?

Leg's akimbo theatre company!

<Loves it too... has the book>

Pimp pompflet.

ReputationRep:
    My mum and I visit a shop that we call the twelfty shop. Last time I went I was attacked by her dog and she said her changing room was full of stock, but I could try my dress on in her front room...!!
    I did. It was fab. Sucha lovely old woman - tells everyone she has a Cambridge student as a customer. Bless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    My mum and I visit a shop that we call the twelfty shop. Last time I went I was attacked by her dog and she said her changing room was full of stock, but I could try my dress on in her front room...!!
    I did. It was fab. Sucha lovely old woman - tells everyone she has a Cambridge student as a customer. Bless
    does she have twelfty of everything in stock???

ReputationRep:
    Glasses: OMG My eyes recently were going psycho after study time and i went to Wang Chong (optomitrest, i dont actually know his name but he was a cooky chinese dude) and my eyes wont relax while im studying so now, so i dont go crazy, i have to wear them so i can see clearly.

Other than that, i dont need em at all, but I did get myself a really hot pair of D&G's! (They make me look smarter than i am! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

I don't know, it's a 20 for each eye though...

hmmmm some days my eyes are blue, other days they're bluey grey, then some days they're greeny, I'll have to watch if they change when I'm angry...

hehehe

EDIT: actually I'm wrong, check out this page http://science.howstuffworks.com/question126.htm
    Thanks for digging out that link- tres helpful! Any more eye pics to be posted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    A pair.. right I've got one of them books somewhere aswell!!! Makes for great bedtime reading My personal fave: a murder of crows
    Any optometry students care to lend a hand in this argument about reading?
    a sprig of vegetarians

ReputationRep:
    don't know if ne1 is still reading this thread but glasses r NOT just 4geeks!!! they can make u look very sexy! hair tied up, glasses on, sexy top - the guys can't help but pay u attention!! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I will probably have laser surgery in the next 5 years or so if they get any worse.

No, don't do it!
    Haven't you noticed how no opticians have had it done?
    Also, in Germany if you've had laser eye surgery you aren't allowed to drive at night, due to loss of peripheral vision. What if you move to Germany? Or they bring in this regulation here? Not worth it! Unless you want to be an astronaut, in which case it may be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola.j.)
    don't know if ne1 is still reading this thread but glasses r NOT just 4geeks!!! they can make u look very sexy! hair tied up, glasses on, sexy top - the guys can't help but pay u attention!! xx
    I think the sexy top would get the most attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    No, don't do it!
    Also, in Germany if you've had laser eye surgery you aren't allowed to drive at night, due to loss of peripheral vision. What if you move to Germany? Or they bring in this regulation here? Not worth it! Unless you want to be an astronaut, in which case it may be.
    If they wont let you drive in germany, do you think they're gonna let you fly like the most expensive and dangerous flying machines in the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    If they wont let you drive in germany, do you think they're gonna let you fly like the most expensive and dangerous flying machines in the world

You wouldn't necessarily be "flying" them, and anyway I don't think peripheral vision is very important when in control of a spaceship. At any rate, as far as I am aware, there are no regulations, or plans for regulations on this in either NASA or ESA. I could be wrong of course.

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't necessarily be "flying" them, and anyway I don't think peripheral vision is very important when in control of a spaceship. At any rate, as far as I am aware, there are no regulations, or plans for regulations on this in either NASA or ESA. I could be wrong of course.
    there may be no regulations govening that particular aspect but i imagine there are fairly rigarous fitness/sight tests which if you dont have any per(i cant spell it)al vision

ReputationRep:
    there may be no regulations govening that particular aspect but i imagine there are fairly rigarous fitness/sight tests which if you dont have any per(i cant spell it)al vision
    Dunno about NASA but my mate got rejected by the RAF because his vision wasnt good enough and he doesnt even wear glasses :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    What do you all think of glasses? Are they old-fashioned in this day and age what with all the laser surgery and stuff... I think that there was a phase a while back when a load of celebs randomly started wearing specs! I like the idea of different coloured contact lenses.
    if u wore contact lenses, and slept with them on forgetting to take them off then ud appreciate the fact what glasses can and cant do. mthey can help uyou c, but they cant blind u if you sleepwith them too tired to take them, off.

ReputationRep:
    No, don't do it!
    i didnt no they can have sight effects, i just thought that it was expensive and not a great propotion are succesful

ReputationRep:

I don't really see what you need a great degree of peripheral vision for. There probably are tests, but I don't know how good your peripheral vision has to be.

ReputationRep:
    Just looked up the NASA website, and it said to be a pilot vision has to 20/50 correctable to 20/20.
    This seems quite lenient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    What do you all think of glasses? Are they old-fashioned in this day and age what with all the laser surgery and stuff... I think that there was a phase a while back when a load of celebs randomly started wearing specs! I like the idea of different coloured contact lenses.
    iv worn glasses since i was about 11/12 something like that. if u get nice ones its ok! the rimless ones are expensive so iv got half rimless ones instead - so they r not thick plastic things like they used to be.
    i got contact lenses, but frankly it took me for ever to get them in, i hated it , i found them annoying, & ppl thought i looked odd w/out glasses - so a waste of money really.
    & iv heard a few stories about laser surgery going wrong, so i wont be doing that in a hurry!
    i think the phase of coloured contacts has died out, although i still think that cats eyes/spirals etc would be fun on new yrs eve.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2004
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.