The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Education Studies (Psychology)

Hey guys, has anyone else applied for this course for 2014?
Reply 1
I've applied for it with History
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Cool, which college?
I've applied for it, also with History though! And Cuths as my college :smile:
I've applied for it with English and attending Collingwood. Anyone on here coming from London?
Reply 5
I'll be at Josephine Butler and I'm coming up from London too.
I wasn't expecting to see many education studies students on TSR because it doesn't have a very large course intake but suddenly lost of people seemed to have popped up recently saying they're studying it!
Reply 6
Original post by Lukex
Hey guys, has anyone else applied for this course for 2014?

I'm doing English with ed
Hopefully be quite a few of us
:smile:
Reply 7
Cool, exciting! :smile: I'm from Manchester
Original post by hats_off
I'll be at Josephine Butler and I'm coming up from London too.
I wasn't expecting to see many education studies students on TSR because it doesn't have a very large course intake but suddenly lost of people seemed to have popped up recently saying they're studying it!

Whereabouts in London?

I think the Ed Studies is because Durham now accept mature students on access courses (such as myself, though I'm no more mature at 22 than I was at 18!) And access courses tend to limit the courses you can do, so for someone like me who was studying teaching but didn't necessarily want to be a teacher, ed studies was pretty much the only alternative!
Reply 9
Original post by AcronymOfHashtag
Whereabouts in London?

I think the Ed Studies is because Durham now accept mature students on access courses (such as myself, though I'm no more mature at 22 than I was at 18!) And access courses tend to limit the courses you can do, so for someone like me who was studying teaching but didn't necessarily want to be a teacher, ed studies was pretty much the only alternative!

Without wanting to, you know, post my address online! I'll just say that I live in west London right on the river.
I think it's a brilliant course and it's a wonder more places don't seem to offer education with a partner subject. For me at 19 being fairly sure I want to teach but not wanting to do a QTS teaching degree it's a great option. Very much looking forward to getting stuck in!!
Without wanting to, you know, post my address online! I'll just say that I live in west London right on the river.
I think it's a brilliant course and it's a wonder more places don't seem to offer education with a partner subject. For me at 19 being fairly sure I want to teach but not wanting to do a QTS teaching degree it's a great option. Very much looking forward to getting stuck in!!

Aha. West London, by the river will suffice. I myself hail from the Hammersmith/Chiswick area! Yeah I'm in the same boat! I've never seen it offered at A-level, surprisingly!
Original post by AcronymOfHashtag
Aha. West London, by the river will suffice. I myself hail from the Hammersmith/Chiswick area! Yeah I'm in the same boat! I've never seen it offered at A-level, surprisingly!

I feel a bit lame to be so excited about the academic side of uni, by having spent my gap year working at a school I'm looking forward to learning about the academic/theoretic side of some of what I may have seen this year.
And I guess although it's not offered at Alevel there are quite a few relevant subjects such as psychology, sociology, philosophy and politics
I feel a bit lame to be so excited about the academic side of uni, by having spent my gap year working at a school I'm looking forward to learning about the academic/theoretic side of some of what I may have seen this year.
And I guess although it's not offered at Alevel there are quite a few relevant subjects such as psychology, sociology, philosophy and politics

Yeah that's true. I guess that's why most education degrees are joint with something else, so that the majority of the students aren't completely studying something they've never done before! I've spent so much time either away from or simply neglecting education that I'm relishing all of it, and really can't wait to get started myself!
Hey, I'm applying for education studies (psychology) for 2016 and was wondering how the course was going for you, any positives or negatives of it ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending