How do I get rid(or reduce) manboobs?(confidence issue) Watch

Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Im 19
87 KG
171cm
I mostly cover up my chest with more layers of clothes when doing daily activities.Its become a habit as I don't want people to look.
I just started swimming yesterday and enjoy doing it.I do it for about 45mins to 1 hr.although I get a bit self conscious I'm not as worried .

My diet however is probably poor.Mostly rice, chappati ,curry ,pattato wedges,chips,pastries and pies.We have 12 people(extended family) in our house who are mostly busy and tend to get the quick and easy food to cook.
Would you suggest cooking my own food ? And what would you recommend?
How often should I swim per week? And any other advice again I am 19
87 KG
171cm
i-love-coffee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 061194)
Im 19
87 KG
171cm
I mostly cover up my chest with more layers of clothes when doing daily activities.Its become a habit as I don't want people to look.
I just started swimming yesterday and enjoy doing it.I do it for about 45mins to 1 hr.although I get a bit self conscious I'm not as worried .

My diet however is probably poor.Mostly rice, chappati ,curry ,pattato wedges,chips,pastries and pies.We have 12 people(extended family) in our house who are mostly busy and tend to get the quick and easy food to cook.
Would you suggest cooking my own food ? And what would you recommend?
How often should I swim per week? And any other advice again I am 19
87 KG
171cm
Start doing weights- there are endless benefits. Weights help increase muscle; more muscles; higher metabolism; burn more fat daily; look better; moobs slowly disappear.

Also, weights burn sugar so can help with general weight loss whilst building muscle. (You don't need to go body builder crazy, light weights will still help).

Your diet no no no.
Don't eat with your family. Whenever I want to loose weight, I seperate myself at meal times. Every meal needs to be protein with vegetables. I used to have grilled chicken with a heap load of vegetables as a side. Breakfast was usually some type of berry smoothie, a yogurt, oats, or an omelette.

Do this, and the fat will melt off.
antipathy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Standard diet advice, you need to reduce your calorie intake or increase your exercise - preferably both.

Cooking your own food could work, but you can also continue to eat similar food to everyone else, but just moderate the portion size. You probably want to be aiming for about 1700 cals a day, to lose about 1lb a week.
Floyd-TMT
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The best thing to do is to go on morning jogs. Wake up, drink water and take a bottle. Do not eat anything at all in the morning and then go on a jog. If you get tired start walking. Your body will use your stored energy (fat) because you have not ate anything. I have read that this is one of the best ways to reduce body fat.

You can also, as the other user mentioned, do weight lifting.

As the other user has mentioned too, dieting is THE MOST important. Make sure you are eating good foods and start reducing your caloric intake. Say you was eating a lot and maybe averaging over 2800 calories a day. SLowly reduce it, go 2500, 2200....
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
"Don't eat with your family. Whenever I want to loose weight, I seperate myself at meal times. Every meal needs to be protein with vegetables."

Its quite hard to explain that to them .Theres 6 adults and 6 kids.Heres and example of a meal my family makes.
My aunt who lives with us will give us Potato wedges,curley fires ,fish fingers and broccoli(as if that makes it healthier)
Keoje
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You defos asian. Dat asian diet rich in carbs. If it's not too much of a problem ask your parents to cook so more meaty dishes like tandoori chicken or something. At least you can then pick out healthier options. I'd just stick with chicken, portion of rice and veg stuff. Try cut out the crap.

Keep swimming and it'll do you wonders if you can adjust your diet. Don't care what other people think and just take nudes of yourself today and in a year's time :sexface:
i-love-coffee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 061194)
"Don't eat with your family. Whenever I want to loose weight, I seperate myself at meal times. Every meal needs to be protein with vegetables."

Its quite hard to explain that to them .Theres 6 adults and 6 kids.Heres and example of a meal my family makes.
My aunt who lives with us will give us Potato wedges,curley fires ,fish fingers and broccoli(as if that makes it healthier)
Can you tell them you want to loose weight so need to eat separately? or is that not an option.
PrincePauper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Diet is not really the issue. You have saggy breast tissue which wont shrink if you eat less or more. Looking at your height and weight, you are not overweight or even close to it. Average guy that simply just needs to tone up a bit.
You need to break the weak muscle tissue that you have and rebuild it.

A chest press machine will do the job without you having to die doing bench presses. Start with 20kg and build yourself up to 60-70kg (10 reps) for a decent chest

Good luck
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PrincePauper)
Looking at your height and weight, you are not overweight or even close to it. Average guy that simply just needs to tone up a bit.
??? He is 5'7" and 14 stone. With a BMI of 29.75 he is knocking on the door of obesity.
The_Blade
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This will probably seen as bad advice but if my goal was purely to lose fat I'd eat as less as possible whilst cardio. The key is to eat less calories than your maintainence. The people who live in the jungle on TV shows for few weeks lose like 30lb at the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reptilian
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Diet is not really the issue. You have saggy breast tissue which wont shrink if you eat less or more. Looking at your height and weight, you are not overweight or even close to it. Average guy that simply just needs to tone up a bit.

A chest press machine will do the job without you having to die doing bench presses. Start with 20kg and build yourself up to 60-70kg (10 reps) for a decent chest

Good luck
OP is definitely overweight. A healthy weight at 171cm is somewhere around 60-70kg. The moobs are fat

Posted from TSR Mobile
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you have moobs, don't concentrate on doing chest exercises to get a bigger chest, jeez. :rolleyes:

You need to be doing a lot of cardio, and eat properly. Not quite sure how doing 20kg on a chest press will help...
PrincePauper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cambio wechsel)
??? He is 5'7" and 14 stone. With a BMI of 29.75 he is knocking on the door of obesity.
bmi is useless....how much of the 14 stone is fat and how much muscle? Following bmi, most athletes would be overweight
PrincePauper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by little_wizard123)
If you have moobs, don't concentrate on doing chest exercises to get a bigger chest, jeez. :rolleyes:

You need to be doing a lot of cardio, and eat properly. Not quite sure how doing 20kg on a chest press will help...
:rolleyes:

you do know that workouts can also tone and not just make things bigger??
cambio wechsel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
bmi is useless....how much of the 14 stone is fat and how much muscle? Following bmi, most athletes would be overweight
if you mean "most athletes who have moobs, a diet of potato-wedges and pastries, and who started exercising only yesterday", then they probably are.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
Okay basically you can not build muscle whilst loosing weight, which should be your primary concern as man boobs are essentially fat tissue stored on the chest.

The most important thing to realise is that diet is EVERYTHING. I can not stress this enough. You need to go on to an online basal metabolic rate calculator and type in your credentials. This will then give you your maintenance calories for a day I.e if you ate this amount of calories you would stay the same. What you need to do is go into a caloric deficit, which means subtract around 200-300 calories from this. Nothing crazy or it will be impossible to keep up. In order to achieve this you must buy a small black notepad and write down everything you eat, and calculating how many calories you are taking in making sure you are within your allowance. In addition, calculate the grams of protein carbs and fat you are taking in.

If you didnt know already, 1g of carbs or protein is equal to 4 calories and 1g of fat is equal to 9 calories. You need to keep the calories you are getting from fats low, and be getting the majority from carbs and protein. This is the method bodybuilders use to cut down 15-30 pounds of fat, and trust me it works. Its science, if your burning more calories than your putting in you will loose weight.

It took me along time to post this so I hope to god that of theres anything you do in your life it is at least to try this . I can guarantee you that if you do it will change your life, physically but most importantly mentally. A year from now you will be a completely different person and you will look back on this as the beat decision you ever made.

Youtube search the channel "physiques of greatness" . Watch all of his videos, he also has meal plans available for loosing weight and will be motivational. I sincerely hope you take this advice, because if you dont change now, it will only get harder to shift the weight when your older.

Dream big, start now.
InsertWittyName
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For athletes, yes. BMI is no good. For people who don't exercise, it's a fairly accurate tool. Very few people are naturally muscular without working out.
User1214833
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Good luck
Are you joking? The OP is definitely overweight. His diet is horrible and that's the main thing he should be addressing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The_Blade
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay basically you can not build muscle whilst loosing weight, which should be your primary concern as man boobs are essentially fat tissue stored on the chest.

The most important thing to realise is that diet is EVERYTHING. I can not stress this enough. You need to go on to an online basal metabolic rate calculator and type in your credentials. This will then give you your maintenance calories for a day I.e if you ate this amount of calories you would stay the same. What you need to do is go into a caloric deficit, which means subtract around 200-300 calories from this. Nothing crazy or it will be impossible to keep up. In order to achieve this you must buy a small black notepad and write down everything you eat, and calculating how many calories you are taking in making sure you are within your allowance. In addition, calculate the grams of protein carbs and fat you are taking in.

If you didnt know already, 1g of carbs or protein is equal to 4 calories and 1g of fat is equal to 9 calories. You need to keep the calories you are getting from fats low, and be getting the majority from carbs and protein. This is the method bodybuilders use to cut down 15-30 pounds of fat, and trust me it works. Its science, if your burning more calories than your putting in you will loose weight.

It took me along time to post this so I hope to god that of theres anything you do in your life it is at least to try this . I can guarantee you that if you do it will change your life, physically but most importantly mentally. A year from now you will be a completely different person and you will look back on this as the beat decision you ever made.

Youtube search the channel "physiques of greatness" . Watch all of his videos, he also has meal plans available for loosing weight and will be motivational. I sincerely hope you take this advice, because if you dont change now, it will only get harder to shift the weight when your older.

Dream big, start now.
Beginners can and those who are genetically gifted can.

If you have average genetics its very hard.
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:rolleyes:

you do know that workouts can also tone and not just make things bigger??
Yes. But this isn't going to help as the large levels of fat is the main issue.

Don't listen to this guy, OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.66%