The Student Room Group

Benedict Cumberbatch has a girlfriend

Scroll to see replies

Can someone please explain the obsession with him? :confused:
Reply 81
Original post by redferry
Well he whinges about it all the bloody time. That's what gets me. Seriously, check your privelage man.

No he doesn't. He made one comment and then it kept being repeated in the press. Whats more, hes done a lot through charity to help those who didnt come from a privileged background, to help them get into the arts.
Reply 82
Original post by bumblebee342
Can someone please explain the obsession with him? :confused:

If i have to explain it to you, you wont get it.
Original post by MrHappy_J
No he doesn't. He made one comment and then it kept being repeated in the press. Whats more, hes done a lot through charity to help those who didnt come from a privileged background, to help them get into the arts.

Ok I don't really care, the man winds me up and I don't like him. Nothing you say is going to change my mind about that because you are incredibly obsessive so you would probably take his side if he murdered a baby :/
Original post by Wilfred Little
Weird, cos I like him for this same reason. Thought his comments on the riots were spot on :cool:.

:cool:

urgh everything he says is absolute rubbish. He should just marry Adele and they can go hoard their money and be horrible people together.
Reply 85
Ok I don't really care, the man winds me up and I don't like him. Nothing you say is going to change my mind about that because you are incredibly obsessive so you would probably take his side if he murdered a baby :/

Oh dear : lol: i guess some people dont like being proven wrong. Youre a fool for letting such a minor thing as that spoil your enjoyment of sherlock. But its your problem not mine.
Reply 86
urgh everything he says is absolute rubbish. He should just marry Adele and they can go hoard their money and be horrible people together.

Ok i get that you dont like him but now youre just being harsh. He hasnt proven himself to be anything other than a really nice guy.

More of his work here - http://yourfaveisproblematic.tumblr.com/post/45876576182/benedict-cumberbatch

What was wrong with his riot comment?
Oh dear : lol: i guess some people dont like being proven wrong. Youre a fool for letting such a minor thing as that spoil your enjoyment of sherlock. But its your problem not mine.

It's not minor, it's called principles. I can't stand people who whine about their privilege. At no point have you proved me wrong.
Original post by Wilfred Little
More of his work here - http://yourfaveisproblematic.tumblr.com/post/45876576182/benedict-cumberbatch

What was wrong with his riot comment?

Hahaha I'd forgotten about the Frankensteins monster thing, that pissed me right off too.

That one of his better moment's I'll admit but its still irritates me. The idea of him belting any of them and not getting the **** totally kicked out of him is laughable...
As for understanding their motives? Who is he to talk really.

This sums up entirely why I think he is total knob: "Everyone was held in their place, but what was honourable about it was that there was a duty of care from the top down"
Reply 90
It's not minor, it's called principles. I can't stand people who whine about their privilege. At no point have you proved me wrong.

You said he whines about it all the time. He doesn't. I guess well just have to agree to disagree : i dont know why you came on this thread if you hate him so much.
You said he whines about it all the time. He doesn't. I guess well just have to agree to disagree : i dont know why you came on this thread if you hate him so much.

I've read it in 3 separate interviews and I don't even follow the man closely...

He thinks Victorian times were admirable!!!

Basically he is just really right wing.

I came to say I dont know why anyone fancies him because he looks just like butt-head. but than you started kicking off, so I am still here.
Original post by Cloud nine.
What do you see in him? Is it his eyes? Nose? Or extremely large mouth?

He may not be physically attractive but that is not what women necessarily look for. What does he have going for him compared to average people?

1) He appears on TV in high-profile shows and sometimes in high-profile movies, and always carries himself very confidently in those roles (which is what most people think of when they think of him).

2) He has a very deep and powerful voice

3) Very piercing eyes/stare

I say this as a guy: he is awesome.
lol so basically, he's ugly/borderline creepy and a tosser but it's OK cos he's on the telly.
He's not world class, although he did a great job interpreting Sherlock
He looks like one of the mutants in hills have eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He looks like a dog. I don't know what people see in him... I guess status and money is what some girls find more attractive than a good-looking face.

Agree he's not particularly good looking... though he is good in the role of Sherlock!

Class, sophistication and talent all things that derive from status and money. Your intentions are clear as day, missy.

Untrue. I can think of many celebrities that have status and money and yet a lack of class, sophistication and talent...
Reply 97
I've read it in 3 separate interviews and I don't even follow the man closely...

He thinks Victorian times were admirable!!!

Basically he is just really right wing.

I came to say I dont know why anyone fancies him because he looks just like butt-head. but than you started kicking off, so I am still here.

Im not the one who started kicking off.
Where did he say the victorian times were admirable? oh thats right he didnt.
Im not the one who started kicking off.
Where did he say the victorian times were admirable? oh thats right he didnt.

http://yourfaveisproblematic.tumblr.com/post/45876576182/benedict-cumberbatch
i dont see how he's attractive at all.....

Quick Reply

Latest