Advertisement
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Average_Aaron)
Casually - I.e. To uni, etc
Scummy. Walked past a guy at the baggage carousel yesterday and oh my god the smell was disgusting, I mean nearly eye-watering. My fiancé pointed out an otherwise unspoken rule: do not go near a man in joggers who has been sat on an aeroplane for a couple of hours.

I do not want to see or smell sweat patches that form around your ass. Nor do I want to be able to see your junk swinging about in there.
beccagood95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not really too keen.
If they're wearing them around their house, running or to the gym, fine.
But while guys can wear what they like, I just feel like wearing jogging bottoms out and about are a little too much on the scruffy side for my liking.
BUT I'm sure there are many girls that wouldn't care.
Advertisement
TheMoho
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
it's suitable and it looks okay if worn for its intended function

for a place of education, like a school, it looks a little too casual imo
Average_Aaron
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Ronove)
Scummy. Walked past a guy at the baggage carousel yesterday and oh my god the smell was disgusting, I mean nearly eye-watering. My fiancé pointed out an otherwise unspoken rule: do not go near a man in joggers who has been sat on an aeroplane for a couple of hours.

I do not want to see or smell sweat patches that form around your ass. Nor do I want to be able to see your junk swinging about in there.

(Original post by beccagood95)
I'm not really too keen.
If they're wearing them around their house, running or to the gym, fine.
But while guys can wear what they like, I just feel like wearing jogging bottoms out and about are a little too much on the scruffy side for my liking.
Do either of you wear jeggings / yoga pants casually?
Advertisement
beccagood95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope. Jeans or tights with a dress/skirt for me. Jeggings look tacky and leggings look weird on their own if not being used for sport and even weirder when paired with something else.
Ronove
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do not.

I'll just point out that I have no problem with it as such if the guy doesn't get sweaty in them during the day and they're clean etc, but if it's the kind I'm thinking of then I definitely wouldn't be interested and I would find it weird that they were wearing them. I would wonder whether they could afford real clothes.
Advertisement
Average_Aaron
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ronove)
I do not.

I'll just point out that I have no problem with it as such if the guy doesn't get sweaty in them during the day and they're clean etc, but if it's the kind I'm thinking of then I definitely wouldn't be interested and I would find it weird that they were wearing them. I would wonder whether they could afford real clothes.
You don't sound judgmental
Average_Aaron
Rep:
?
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 27853
Size:  52.8 KB

Views: 26331
Size:  104.2 KB

Views: 30222
Size:  123.8 KB

Do these look tacky, cheap or sweaty?
Advertisement
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't mind it tbh. I mean, I would sometimes wear joggers when just going to uni, or popping to the shop etc. I don't see the issue :dontknow: But I think jeans look better overall :yep:
beccagood95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

In all honesty, tacky might be a word that crosses my mind. And I'm pretty sure none of the guys I'm friends with, or my boyfriend, would ever consider wearing those outfits.

But that's just my opinion, you're obviously a different kind of person from me and my friends and enjoy a different style and there would be lots of people that liked those sort of clothes.

Just wear what you want. We're just people on the internet. If you want a more helpful opinion, ask the girls you actually know what they think.
Advertisement
Ronove
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

They are not your standard joggers and you must surely know that. Some of those look ok, the 'skinny' effect ones especially - they're basically trying to look like skinny jeans or similar. Hardly a fair question if you're not talking about joggers that actually look like joggers.

I'm still not a big fan of the bottom two outfits, but that's more to do with the overall look and the way its put together. I'm sure I'd have less of a problem with it if it was more popular though, since I'd get used to it.

PS. I'm not 'judgemental' just because I'm not a big fan of one item of clothing which you clearly would like to wear. You asked for opinions.
blablabla321
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it can look quite nice tbh
Advertisement
opherick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You sound like a stuck up cow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.75%
No (265)
33.25%

Watched Threads