IS if possible to get a switch unis after failing second year? Watch

Explorer123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I failed my second year. Would I be able to change uni's and start a second year at another uni?

Also would I be able to get a degree without keeping my original 2nd year results?
GoingToBurst
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think if you started a whole new degree you would be able to get a degree without disclosing your second year results on your transcript, but other than that, I'm not sure.

Can't you resit the year at the uni you're currently at, or do you not want to do that? Universities are usually pretty reluctant to let people in if they've failed part of their degree already because they don't want to risk letting someone in that could fail again and then damage their rankings and statistics.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Explorer123)
I failed my second year. Would I be able to change uni's and start a second year at another uni?

Also would I be able to get a degree without keeping my original 2nd year results?
Universities will require proof of your ability before even considering you for a transfer (which is very difficult in itself) and if you have failed, you will struggle to find acceptance anywhere. Starting afresh is likely to be your only option, but you will have to fund your first year of a new degree yourself.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1781424
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed