The Student Room Group

Application for defferal/extension rejected :(

Hi
Was wondering if anyone could advise me here. I am a final year student.

I had an exam on the 26th of may which was missed, a doctors letter was provided based on anxiety/depression as I had a very tough year and also had a miscarriage earlier this year and I am on anti depressants etc.

Unfortunately my application was rejected due to 'no reason being provided for why application is retrospective' so no reason to why I applied for a deferral so late. Because of this, I will FAIL my degree so all 3 years gone to waste.

Is there anything I could do, or a reason I could give for applying a month late?:frown:
Well, what was the reason you applied a month late? I'm sorry you've had a tough year, I really wouldn't wish that on anyone, but if you applied a month late for no valid reason then I don't think there's anything you can do.
Reply 2
Would probably need to know why it was a month late. At my uni if you have to miss an exam you have to get a doctor's note on the day, dated that day and hand it in ASAP, a month would be way too long.
Original post by student0019
Hi
Was wondering if anyone could advise me here. I am a final year student.

I had an exam on the 26th of may which was missed, a doctors letter was provided based on anxiety/depression as I had a very tough year and also had a miscarriage earlier this year and I am on anti depressants etc.

Unfortunately my application was rejected due to 'no reason being provided for why application is retrospective' so no reason to why I applied for a deferral so late. Because of this, I will FAIL my degree so all 3 years gone to waste.

Is there anything I could do, or a reason I could give for applying a month late?:frown:

Firstly sincere condolences for the tragedies that have befallen you this year. Are you sure that you have exhausted all avenues open to you. These decisions usually have an appeals process have you appealed? Also given it was a single exam during the it seems rather odd that they wouldn't just allow you to sit the repeat exam as your final. Hope something works out.
Speak to your student union and your personal tutor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending