Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Before I start- I have only a few options in terms of what University to go to because I have to transfer to the USA after one year of Undergraduate study.

Warwick is my dream university and I am passionate about what I want to study but I feel like my AS results aren't going to be very good because I really did not work hard due to some problems (if I did I know I would succeed, plus I got really good GCSE results)

Even if I get bad AS grades, and resit those AS exams whilst in year 13 and sitting your A2, would Warwick consider me as an applicant?
    Because I know on UCAS you have to declare your AS grades (even if you're improving them)?

Additionally, have you, or do you know anybody who has ever got an unconditional offer to Warwick? If so, how and why?

Any information/advice/offers/stories/anything would be really appreciated and helpful!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I do not know of anyone who was given an unconditional without having sat their A2 levels first from Warwick.

However, I was in the same situation as you, I got really good GCSE grades and then awful AS grades (I think D, C, B) which was unusual for me. I put all this on my UCAS form and then had teachers put specifically into the reference that these grades were not the norm for me and that I was resitting and they had faith that I would improve greatly after the resits.

I took all this with me and they did ask a lot of questions about what I thought had gone wrong in AS and what I was specifically doing to improve and how did I know I could do better, so I would suggest preparing for this if your subject is one in which interviews take place, as mine was.

I got offered a place in a couple of days time and all went well and when my A2 results came back as greatly improved there were no issues at all so please do not let AS put you off. The step from GCSE to AS is huge and is something I know from work experience placements that teachers are really trying to bridge more efficiently.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    oh wow thank you so much that was so so helpful! I really appreciate your response!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmrich)
    I do not know of anyone who was given an unconditional without having sat their A2 levels first from Warwick.

However, I was in the same situation as you, I got really good GCSE grades and then awful AS grades (I think D, C, B) which was unusual for me. I put all this on my UCAS form and then had teachers put specifically into the reference that these grades were not the norm for me and that I was resitting and they had faith that I would improve greatly after the resits.

I took all this with me and they did ask a lot of questions about what I thought had gone wrong in AS and what I was specifically doing to improve and how did I know I could do better, so I would suggest preparing for this if your subject is one in which interviews take place, as mine was.

I got offered a place in a couple of days time and all went well and when my A2 results came back as greatly improved there were no issues at all so please do not let AS put you off. The step from GCSE to AS is huge and is something I know from work experience placements that teachers are really trying to bridge more efficiently.

Good luck!
    What did you say that you were doing to improve and how did you know you could do better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NYcitygirl)
    What did you say that you were doing to improve and how did you know you could do better?
    I think mostly it was the references from my teachers too that did it, I basically just said I know it's not my best work, I know I made mistakes and I know I can fix them, and that was it really!

ReputationRep:
    How did you get your interview?
    I went to the open day and on the website they said they don't do interviews? but is there an exception? should I be preparing for it?

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.