Printer compatibility Watch

Aaradhana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If I take a Windows 7 Lenovo laptop then will a Windows 8 printer (or any more advanced version printer) work with it?
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No printer I know of runs Windows... maybe you want to rephrase your question

Check the manufacturers website to see if the drivers are compatible with Win7.
Damask-
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aaradhana)
If I take a Windows 7 Lenovo laptop then will a Windows 8 printer (or any more advanced version printer) work with it?
Firstly, this is an academic ICT/Computing thread and not a tech support thread, and secondly there is no such thing as a Windows 8 Printer. I can't imagine any printer on the market right now doesn't have Windows 7 drivers, so you will be fine.
Groundearth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alow)

(Original post by Damask-)
Firstly, this is an academic ICT/Computing thread and not a tech support thread, and secondly there is no such thing as a Windows 8 Printer. I can't imagine any printer on the market right now doesn't have Windows 7 drivers, so you will be fine.
What the OP means is that when a new OS is released, all new printers and hardware produced after this date cease to have the old OS logo on the front of the boxes. Printers produced after the release of Windows 8 have the designed for/compatible with Windows 8 logo on the front their boxes. OP, if you look on the back of the boxes and the manufacturers' websites, they will say compatible with Windows 7 as well. It's just marketing to show the newness of new printer models.
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Groundearth)
What the OP means is that when a new OS is released, all new printers and hardware produced after this date cease to have the old OS logo on the front of the boxes. Printers produced after the release of Windows 8 have the designed for/compatible with Windows 8 logo on the front their boxes. OP, if you look on the back of the boxes and the manufacturers' websites, they will say compatible with Windows 7 as well. It's just marketing to show the newness of new printer models.
Both of us obviously realised what they meant and gave a satisfactory solution.
Aaradhana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Groundearth)
(Original post by alow)

(Original post by Damask-)
Got it... thanks!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?