The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Love pinky and the brain - brain getting sentimental wow thats a turn up for the books! i love pinky

i saw one recently where brain and pinky's future selves came back to tell them how to take over the world - i only saw a bit though
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I must admit that Pinky and the Brain kick major butt. I also love Dexter's laboratory. Is anyone here doing History as well? Any recommendations for first year modules? Help!
Hiya :wavey:
Im a clearing student so you wouldnt have me on here. :redface:
Im doing Anthropology and Archeology and im in Trev's.
Just so you guys know :biggrin:.
Thankies.
Reply 123
Ididn'trealiseDurhamhadanyclearingvacanciesthisyear
This surprises me also. Where didn't you get into, if you don't mind me asking?
PunkiePixie
Hiya :wavey:
Im a clearing student so you wouldnt have me on here. :redface:
Im doing Anthropology and Archeology and im in Trev's.
Just so you guys know :biggrin:.
Thankies.

Oh, and also, well done:party:
ssmoose
Ididn'trealiseDurhamhadanyclearingvacanciesthisyear

I could have sworn I heard the no clearing vacancies thing too but it said on the Durham homepage that they had some vacancies for Isle of Man and Channel Island students only,wtf.
Reply 127
do-they-have-to-pay-full-fees-by-chance?
Yeah I thought it might be something to do with having to pay more fees but I don't know...am not from the IOM or Channel Islands.
ssmoose
do-they-have-to-pay-full-fees-by-chance?

That's one of the most cynical statements I've ever heard. Love it.:biggrin:
Reply 130
Well, it might be a thing to do with the amount of international students they were expecting not equating to the amount that made their offers.
Reply 131
Do-they-have-to-have-a-certain-percentage-of-international-students?-Or-do-they-just-get-more-money-from-them?
Reply 132
Hi all,
I'm Rob, studying the Maths and physics M.Sci. at collingwood :smile:
Sorry! Yeah im from the channel islands, thats why! We have to pay ridiculous fees. Even though were not international... grrr. Its not cynical, its damn true. Thats probably the only reason i got in. :p:

I dont mind! I didnt get into St Andrews. I just missed the grades, but they were completely full. I was told about vacancies for I.O.M and C.I students at Durham so i kind of went for it on a whim and im more than glad that i did.

I dont think they do have a quota for international and overseas students, thats why they get in so easily. A friend of mine had an offer for BBB but got CDD and still got into their first choice. (completely unfair tbh) Its all about the money!
Reply 134
The channel islands aren't part of the UK, right?
I thought they were? :confused:
Reply 136
Ah, as always, Mr. Wikipedia has the answer.

The Channel Islands fall into two separate self-governing Bailiwicks. Both the Bailiwick of Guernsey and the Bailiwick of Jersey are British crown dependencies, but neither is part of the United Kingdom.
Christo
Ah, as always, Mr. Wikipedia has the answer.

The Channel Islands fall into two separate self-governing Bailiwicks. Both the Bailiwick of Guernsey and the Bailiwick of Jersey are British crown dependencies, but neither is part of the United Kingdom.

What about Sark?
Reply 138
Sark (French: Sercq; Sercquiais: Sèr) is a small island in the English Channel. It is one of the Channel Islands, and is part of the Bailiwick of Guernsey.

:biggrin:
Christo
Sark (French: Sercq; Sercquiais: Sèr) is a small island in the English Channel. It is one of the Channel Islands, and is part of the Bailiwick of Guernsey.

:biggrin:

Latest