A french who wants to study in London

Watch
revamazing
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone !
First, I apologize for all the mistakes I am going to do. I am a french student. Next year, I'll get my baccalaureate and would like to apply in London's universities and join one of them (I have seen something very interesting in King's college). I've always dream to come in England to study and I hope it will be possible! But I need your help !

I have no idea of the place where I could live... Do you know accommodations or good plans that are located in the inner-london ?
And could you tell me how much do you usually spent per year (including EVERYTHING ! Food, transports, accommodation, university).. I need to know!

Thank your very much for having learn my message. I hope you will understand it (do not hesitate to correct my sentences !)

Friendly,
R.P

xxxxx
LoicInAfrica
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Salut, Revamazing!

Moi je viens de terminer mon Bac, série ES, et je serais étudiant à UCL dès September. Parmi mes choix, j'avais King's College London. J'imagines que tu es en 1ere et que tu passes en Terminale?

En tout cas, je suis capable de répondre à quelques questions:

-Premièrement, pendant la première année à l'université, tu as la possibilité de vivre dans les chambres fournis par l'université. Bien sûr, ce n'est pas obligatoire. Mais, saches qu'en Angleterre, 96% des étudiants vivent comme ça pendant un an. Puis, en deuxième et troisième année de license, c'est à toi de voir où tu vis. D'habitude, ce que les gens font, c'est qu'ils se mettent à 5-6, et louent un appartement ou une maison, ensemble.

-Deuxièmement, la ville de Londres conseille aux étudiants un budget, par semaine, de £130. Ce qui fait à peu près £6000 par an. Ce qui fait €7000/an. Ceci ne prend pas en compte les frais de scolarité (£9000 pour les citoyens de l'Union Européenne) et puis les frais de logement (Entre £150 et £250 par semaine).

J'espère que j'ai pu aider!

À plus!
Fresh Student Living
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey,

Hope you don’t mind jumping in here! Just wanted to let you know about our exciting new student accommodation Spring Mews located in Vauxhall (London Zone 1) opening this September 2014! We are located 5 minutes walk from Vauxhall Overgound, Underground and Bus Stations. On top of our great location the site also has a swimming pool, gym, cinema and music room with great social spaces and a roof terrace to hang out and meet your new neighbors! Choose between En Suite rooms with shared kitchens or your very own self contained studio.

Access to all the facilities and all bills are included with free WiFi. Give us a call on 07557 644 460 and we can give you any info you might need and book you in for a viewing! Or take a look at our website for more details - www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/vauxhall

Many thanks
Katie @ Fresh
Marie-Christin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don´t live here. You will regret it from the first few minutes on.
It seems nice but if you really have to live here it´s the worst place you can live.
Reconsider your decision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (44)
37.29%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
10.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
24.58%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.25%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.47%

Watched Threads