The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Travelling?

Anyone starting in sept that really enjoys travelling? I want to talk to people who share the same interests!
Depends on your idea of travelling?
I frequently like to buy bus and train tickets and just "get out there" with my iPod for the day. I used to just buy day tickets on the bus, and see how far I can get, just by hoping from one bus to the next to the next without even looking where the bus was going. It was great to discover new towns and cities that I'd usually not have any interest in, but I lost my phone twice travelling to and from North Wales on arriva's "North West and Wales Weekly Ticket" :')

I used to like travelling to other countries but the novelties worn off, I much prefer travelling up and down the UK, it's cheaper and everything is closer to home (quite literally)
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Raawwwwrrr!
Depends on your idea of travelling?
I frequently like to buy bus and train tickets and just "get out there" with my iPod for the day. I used to just buy day tickets on the bus, and see how far I can get, just by hoping from one bus to the next to the next without even looking where the bus was going. It was great to discover new towns and cities that I'd usually not have any interest in, but I lost my phone twice travelling to and from North Wales on arriva's "North West and Wales Weekly Ticket" :')

I used to like travelling to other countries but the novelties worn off, I much prefer travelling up and down the UK, it's cheaper and everything is closer to home (quite literally)

Yeah, I love days out like that and just getting on trains aswell:smile:
I love travelling too! But I only do it when I have a job. I do have one now but unfortunately it's in hot and humid SG, and I've been round every corner of it already :|

Oops but I'm not going to M'cr. My bad
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bethanehh
Yeah, I love days out like that and just getting on trains aswell:smile:

I plan to do it at MMU, I know some parts of Manchester but I think it's probably the best way to get around, just run and put your hand out for any bus and hope you don't end up in the middle of nowhere! :tongue:

It's a great way to plan day outs once you know where your going, especially during the sales! Why go to one packed city centre store when you can go to around 8 and find that item you really liked but wasn't in your size!

Many people think I'm odd for doing what I do but it's great to get some space, see something new, and amazing during sales!
Original post by Bethanehh
Anyone starting in sept that really enjoys travelling? I want to talk to people who share the same interests!

I went on a gap year backpacking around Mexico, Australia and New Zealand for just over a year. Really looking to join societies and stuff that are to do with travelling. Always love being spontaneous in that way :smile: Have you done much travelling yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending