Natural sciences or MSci in Psychology for DClinPsy Watch

Crystalz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, i'm a bit confused about my options currently. I've just recently heard about natural sciences and i find it really interesting. The chance to major and minor is an opportunity i'm really excited about. If i do go on to do it i'd probably pick Biology and Psychology as my first year majors with pharmacology or theology as a minor. Eventually i'd focus on Psychology in the third year. However Psychology is mainly what i'm interested in a a lot of MSci courses seem quite interesting with thought provoking modules. Plus the majority offer a placement with one even offering a year in placement. Would it be best to do natsci and take a couple of years off education to gain experience or do the Msci courses and try and gain experience on the course consequently attempting to apply straight after.

In addition to this what are the differences between the MSci and MSc courses for psychology and which would be more advantageous.

Current DClinPsy students, is funding an issue whilst studying the course? Approximately how much are tuition fees and how do you go about paying them.

Thanks.
Interrobang
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's likely that you wouldn't be able to go straight into clinical with just a placement year for experience. Probably a couple of years experience after graduating or maybe even more. As long as the course is accredited by the BPS either course should be fine, but you may need to be very careful with the natsci one to make sure you do the right modules if it is accredited
Lord Asriel
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Current DClinPsy students, is funding an issue whilst studying the course? Approximately how much are tuition fees and how do you go about paying them.
You don't pay anything. Instead, the NHS pays your fees PLUS you get paid a Band 6 salary (£25k a year for 3 years)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads