English AQA Help ¬ Watch

manishah2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
need help with writing a monologue about Brabantio in othello. thanks. aiming for an A*. if you can help me with it by providing some information or points to wirte please post them here. thanks
Neuth
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by manishah2)
need help with writing a monologue about Brabantio in othello. thanks. aiming for an A*. if you can help me with it by providing some information or points to wirte please post them here. thanks
Is there a certain part you need help with?

Sometimes looking online will give you all the information you need :yep:
Changing Skies
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've just moved this to the English section for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
manishah2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Caitlin_3008)
Is there a certain part you need help with?

Sometimes looking online will give you all the information you need :yep:
how did Brabantio felt when he found that his daughter got married to Othello, a black man.
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how did Brabantio felt when he found that his daughter got married to Othello, a black man.
Betrayed; conflicted; unsupported by the senate; feeling as if his daughter is dead to him; angry at the Duke's not taking his side; shocked at not knowing his daughter as he thought he did; angry at realising D and O were plotting to elope all the time he was treating Othello as a trusted guest; humiliated by Iago's public insults; annoyed that even Roderigo knows about it when he's been rejected as not good enough for Desdemona; so angry that he even wishes that he had married to her to Roderigo instead of this; angry enough to disown her and refuse to have her back home. Enough to be going on with?
Neuth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Try looking at the links on here.

You'll find loads of facts and quotes
manishah2
Rep:
?
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
Betrayed; conflicted; unsupported by the senate; feeling as if his daughter is dead to him; angry at the Duke's not taking his side; shocked at not knowing his daughter as he thought he did; angry at realising D and O were plotting to elope all the time he was treating Othello as a trusted guest; humiliated by Iago's public insults; annoyed that even Roderigo knows about it when he's been rejected as not good enough for Desdemona; so angry that he even wishes that he had married to her to Roderigo instead of this; angry enough to disown her and refuse to have her back home. Enough to be going on with?
Thanks for the help,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (162)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.89%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.67%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise