The Student Room Group

How do I get back at my ex girlfriend?

It's been 2 years. This girl broke my heart into a million pieces: she ruined my friendships, spread rumours about me, laughed when I told her how I felt, left me with crippling anxiety and depression which I still suffer with to this day. She didn't tell me why we broke up and continued to ridicule and insult me. I had to leave college because it upset me so much. I've tried letting it go, being the better person ect... but this does not work for me. She was my first love but manipulated me into turning against my family and believing her mother's spiritual stories. Being young at the time, I believed every word. That scarred me also. Im almost positive that she cheated on me. I'm past the forgiveness stage. I've felt broken for two years. I want revenge.
I know you said you have tried it but, really, the only option here is to be the 'bigger person' and move on from this situation. Ultimately, you're not gonna gain much out of taking revenge on this girl, bar a few moments of satisfaction and it's only gonna serve to make you look spiteful in the process, I'm afraid.
Reply 2
Original post by kindaslightlymeh
It's been 2 years. This girl broke my heart into a million pieces: she ruined my friendships, spread rumours about me, laughed when I told her how I felt, left me with crippling anxiety and depression which I still suffer with to this day. She didn't tell me why we broke up and continued to ridicule and insult me. I had to leave college because it upset me so much. I've tried letting it go, being the better person ect... but this does not work for me. She was my first love but manipulated me into turning against my family and believing her mother's spiritual stories. Being young at the time, I believed every word. That scarred me also. Im almost positive that she cheated on me. I'm past the forgiveness stage. I've felt broken for two years. I want revenge.

Just leave revenge in Gods hands don't give her anymore importance ffs!:angry:
Reply 3
Ease up. What you describe is bog standard first love breakup. You cannot lay all this overreaction at her door. Fine to be devastated, then you pick yourself up and find someone new.
Don't lower yourself to her level. Be the better person and move on. It sucks but you wont get anything out of being as bad as her.
I hear ya. Is there anything that you know about her that puts you in an advantageous position? Perhaps mutual friends? Know her secrets or something you can use? Collect whatever you know or speak to mutual people, find something and wait for a time to use it.

With my previous BF I used to text him after the break up and made him fall in love with me all over again, and then humiliated him in front of his friends and the public. ... got him back for months of crying he caused me.
Reply 6
if someone ****s you over in a relationship don't get mad and do anything rash. stay calm, wish them all the best, and let them go maturely and graciously. the regret they will feel later on is the worst pain you could ever give them.

- Google.
Like others have said, i think the best thing is just to try and move on, you won't gain anything from getting back at her, you don't want to feel like a bad person or regret anything over a decision made while your angry with her
If this is the kind of person she is, life will take revenge on her for you. She will ultimately be left alone and disliked if she treats people that way...just remember that you ARE the better person here, and that's worth much more than revenge :smile: I hope you get over the whole thing as soon as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending