Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need help with eyeshadow. I never wear it because I have no idea how you're so supposed to apply it (yes, i'm stupid) Also no idea what colours would suit my colouring.

so basically could someone recommend a good one for going out. I'd quite like a vibrant one and one to just open my eyes up - if that's even possible? Also where should I be applying it? Do I need to use more than one colour? And what shades would suit me (there's a pic in my profile)

Thanks!

x

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    What colour eyes have you got?
    Have a look on the mac thread, buttercup and some others have posted really lovely eyes many using a few colours. I normally just wear one colour when I wear eyeshadow but yesterday tried putting to different shades of green together, which looked good.
    What have you already got?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=170378

ReputationRep:
    If you've never worn it before, start off with some natural colours, such as beige, light brown, a delicate silver etc. You cant really go wrong with those colours. Then when you are used to applying it, try using a darker colour (for example if youre using beige, try a brown/coffee colour) on the outer part of your eyelid, it opens your eyes up a bit more.

I normally use purple shades and silver but recently Ive been using a light green/blue colour, and it looks really nice. I had blonde hair last week and it looked totally stupid on me but Ive now got chocolate brown hair with a red tint and it looks much better. So it depends on what colour skin tone/hair you have got really.

ReputationRep:
    I think a beigey/golden colour would look really good on you x

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.