The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science

Hey guys,

I'm starting uni in september and I want to do some reading over the summer, any biomed students got any recommendations? :smile:
You confident you got the grades lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Blade

Posted from TSR Mobile

She may already have them.
Original post by lauren1x12
Hey guys,

I'm starting uni in september and I want to do some reading over the summer, any biomed students got any recommendations? :smile:

I study Biomedical Science and I didn't pick up a textbook until the final term. I'm going into my third year in September.

Relax and enjoy your summer :smile:
Hey guys,

It really isn't necessary, but if you're looking for something to do, then try Campbell's Biology
Reply 5
Original post by The_Blade

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, but there no point in depressing over results day I may as well be optimistic but thanks for your concern :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by live_a_life
I study Biomedical Science and I didn't pick up a textbook until the final term. I'm going into my third year in September.

Relax and enjoy your summer :smile:

Ah fair enough :smile: Do you mind me asking where you study and how do you find it?
Good luck in your final year :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by ShallWeDance?
It really isn't necessary, but if you're looking for something to do, then try Campbell's Biology

Ok thankyou :biggrin:
Ah fair enough :smile: Do you mind me asking where you study and how do you find it?
Good luck in your final year :biggrin:

I don't mind at all :smile: I study at Royal Holloway, University of London.

First year is more or less going over what you've already learnt through A levels. It really isn't too challenging if you keep on top of coursework and attend/understand your lectures.

Second year is a huge step up but if you go to the library after each lecture and read up on what was taught, you'll be fine.

Personally, I was very bad at attending lectures and keeping on top of coursework deadlines and I still managed to pass both years! You'll find it much easier if you work throughout the year instead of right at the end like me!
Is biomed really for all fail med students?
Original post by Ambrosia_angel
Is biomed really for all fail med students?

Never had any interest in applying for Medicine so nope.
Nope, but there no point in depressing over results day I may as well be optimistic but thanks for your concern :biggrin:

Np. I think you should start planning to get ahead once you definitely know you're in ie on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I don't mind at all :smile: I study at Royal Holloway, University of London.

First year is more or less going over what you've already learnt through A levels. It really isn't too challenging if you keep on top of coursework and attend/understand your lectures.

Second year is a huge step up but if you go to the library after each lecture and read up on what was taught, you'll be fine.

Personally, I was very bad at attending lectures and keeping on top of coursework deadlines and I still managed to pass both years! You'll find it much easier if you work throughout the year instead of right at the end like me!

Thank You I'll bear all this in mind :smile:! Do you know what you want to do after uni?
Thank You I'll bear all this in mind :smile:! Do you know what you want to do after uni?

You're welcome :smile:

I'm not really sure about what I want to do afterwards! Probably try to join on to a graduate scheme for some pharmaceutical company.

Which university are you hoping to go to and what do you want to do after you complete your degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I start uni this september too for biomed! Do you know what you want to do afterwards?
Reply 15
You're welcome :smile:

I'm not really sure about what I want to do afterwards! Probably try to join on to a graduate scheme for some pharmaceutical company.

Which university are you hoping to go to and what do you want to do after you complete your degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds cool :smile: have you done much work experience?

Hopefully Manchester Uni. I have no idea afterward though something research based :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by ayesha2112
I start uni this september too for biomed! Do you know what you want to do afterwards?

Cool where you going? :smile: I'm not too sure afterwards to be honest hopefully I find it along the way ahaha :biggrin:
Cool where you going? :smile: I'm not too sure afterwards to be honest hopefully I find it along the way ahaha :biggrin:

University of manchester :smile: what about you? I know right! People keep asking me that and im just like idkk!!
Ok thankyou :biggrin:

No problem, you should also try and find lab related books seeing as you're interested in biomed, e.g I have 'practical skills for biology students', this might not apply to you since it's designed for Glasgow students but it covers practical lab skills you might do yourself
That sounds cool :smile: have you done much work experience?

Hopefully Manchester Uni. I have no idea afterward though something research based :biggrin:

I've had various retail/sales jobs since I was 16 (I'm 21 now) but nothing related to Biomedical Science. Not really interested in work experience related to my degree, just did it to increase my job prospects for the future and science was just something I always had a knack for!

Oh Manchester should be fun! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending