The Student Room Group

He has cut me off completely?

So my good friend of 2 years has decided to cut our friendship off. We were briefly in a relationship until he decided he needed to think about what he wants. And I do love him and he has said he loves me in the past, but now he wants nothing to do with me. And to be honest, I'm heartbroken and feel like I've lost the biggest part of my life, and feel so disconnected. He's loved and lost before so to him it's easy to cut others off because he's been hurt so much, but this is my first love which I don't want to lose.
What makes things worse, is that it's my fault - I don't know whats wrong with me but my personality is really dependent and I make irrational decisions and don't know what I'm thinking. This has driven him away, and it is causing my family relations to be complex because my mind is disconnected from them and I want my own space. I want there to be a chance at friendship in the future, and I want to show that I can be strong and independent but right now I'm the opposite. Any advice on how to move on, or how to save the friendship? This has all happened because my mind can't seem to accept things in moderation, it goes all insecure and dependent. There's so much more behind this and to tell, but I'd be typing forever. Thanks!
Being friends will not help you get over him. He has done you a favour. Dependence and clinginess are very rarely a good thing.

Quick Reply

Latest