Term Dates Watch

sanka
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
In my welcome pack the term dates are different to those on the York website.

Christmas holidays - do we return to Uni on 8th Jan as it says on website or 15th Jan as it states in welcome letter?
alastair
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Since the only information people have is the website and welcome letters you will have to ask York. I would go for the website as the letter could easily be out of date. Which ever one would leave 10 weeks between the start and end of that term is correct!

Actually having looked on the website it must be the 8th as those dates are only 1 or 2 days off last years.
sanka
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
The welcome letter is dated 18 August so very up to date, but it could just be a clerical error - quite like the idea of a month off at Christmas though!
alastair
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
3 weeks is better, in my first year we had 4 weeks for Christmas and 4 for Easter and I just got really bored. That is a good point though, since they are 33 week lets again it must be a clerical error.
eth0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well, you know maths, try and calculate 10 weeks before the easter vacation and you have the start of spring term (;
SunburnedCactus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It was 3 weeks last Christmas. Then 5 or 6 at Easter.
alastair
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The holidays always add up to 8. Last two years have been 3 at Christmas, 5 at Easter, 3 years ago was 4 each.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of York
    Master Taster Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 15 Feb '19
  • University of York
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University of York
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 30 Jun '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (34)
97.14%
No (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads