Anybody gotten offers yet??

ABB for Medway School of Pharmacy
Original post by Lubby44
Anybody gotten offers yet??

Ive gotten 3 offers. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1982
Original post by 138688
ive heard that someone said May 2015 but that seems really late...

That can't be right 😭
Original post by 138688
ive heard that someone said May 2015 but that seems really late...

I just read the interview guide they linked in the email and it seems to suggest that around December time? I've attached the photo. I hope we hear before new year :/ ImageUploadedByStudent Room1418496637.281095.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1984
Does anyone know if the Nottingham interview is written or one to one with the interviewer?
Original post by tammie123
Good luck everyone! If any of you need any help with applications feel free to inbox me, I'm happy to help. I'm a 2nd year pharmacy student at kings by the way :smile:

What is the interview process like ?? :smile:
Original post by kassallitani
Hi. Has anyone got an interview/offer from kings with predicted grades ABB?

This is the same thing i was asking before but no one replied lool :frown:
Original post by Starhh
Hey guys, has anyone been invited to an informal interview for Bath university? If so what sort of questions were asked and how did you find it? Thank you in advance :wink:

Bath interviews are super easy, they're literally just a chat about your personal statement, why pharmacy, why bath etc and they said that they make offers to most interviewees :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone! I'm a first year Pharmacy student from Durham :smile: if you have any questions about the course or anything at all I'd be more than happy to answer them x
Original post by emmaprsn
Hi everyone! I'm a first year Pharmacy student from Durham :smile: if you have any questions about the course or anything at all I'd be more than happy to answer them x

Why did you want to study Pharmacy, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Sheraz Imran
Why did you want to study Pharmacy, if you don't mind me asking?

Of course I don't mind! I always knew I wanted a career in health, but up until last year I was still hesitating between becoming a doctor, a dentist or a pharmacist. Once I looked further into what each career entailed I realised that I was much more interested in drugs and the chemistry behind them and how all the science applies to patient care, something that a degree in Medicine or Dentistry couldn't really offer me.
I've only just finished my first term but I definitely don't regret choosing Pharmacy, it's an exciting profession that is definitely evolving and I can't wait to be a part of it :smile:

Ahhhh! What do you think of the course? How hard have you found the first year? How big are the class sizes? Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 1992

Hey!
Where else did you apply and what made you choose Durham? And is the course basically the same at all unis?
Original post by Esteta
Ahhhh! What do you think of the course? How hard have you found the first year? How big are the class sizes? Thanks :biggrin:

The course is really great, there's only one module so you can see how all the science (pharmaceutics, chemistry etc) fit together to benefit the patient! It's really patient based, which at the end of the day is the most important thing! There's a good balance of lectures, labs and workshops. There are around 80 of us in my year, in lectures we are all together and in labs we are split into 2 groups and in workshops we are usually split into 3 groups or more so the class sizes are quite small. We also study anatomy on cadavers, which is quite daunting the first time you actually do it because you don't know what to expect but is really interesting and gives you a better idea of what things look like and how everything fits together. So much better than learning from a textbook!

I've only just finished the first term so I can't really speak about the entire year but it honestly hasn't been too bad so far, we've gone over a lot of A level material in lectures to make sure everyone knows the basics before we add more information to it.

Hope I've answered all your questions :smile:
Original post by BDida
Hey!
Where else did you apply and what made you choose Durham? And is the course basically the same at all unis?

Hi! I applied to Durham, Bath, Manchester, UEA and I can't remember the 5th uni :tongue:
Durham's reputation was obviously what attracted me to it initally as a university. It's MPharm course is completely different to anywhere else because it's integrated, as in there's only one module for the entire year and the lecturers make a real effort to link all the sciences together and focus everything around the patient, and that's something I really liked.
I visited the campus on an open day and was honestly blown away by the quality of the facilities and the accommodation, and how everyone on campus was so friendly and open! That sealed the deal for me. I also love the college system we have at Durham, it definitely makes it different to other universities. Your college becomes like a family, especially on Queens Campus because it's quite a small campus compared to Durham City :smile:

Hope I've answered all your questions, feel free to PM me if you think of anything else :smile:

How intense is the course? How long do you find yourself in University versus studying independently over the course of a week?
Original post by Sheraz Imran
How intense is the course? How long do you find yourself in University versus studying independently over the course of a week?

Pharmacy in general is an intense course, there's a lot to learn but it's definitely worth it :smile:
We have about 20 hours of contact time a week with a mix of labs and lectures, and there's quite a bit of independent study to do on top of that (mostly just going over lectures and writing up assignments)
Original post by StarkRa
This is the same thing i was asking before but no one replied lool :frown:

One girl in my interview group said her predicted grades were ABB :smile:
Reply 1998
Original post by pharm97
Wednesday 10th

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! How did you find it?
I have an interview with hertfordshire on the 21st of December😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest