The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BDida
Got offers from King's and UCL!!! :smile:
Just need to decide between them now! Anyone got any advise?

Congrats! When did you send your application from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2121
Original post by pharm97
Hey when did you send your application off? Haven't heard back from UCL yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent it off at the start of october... Don't worry I'm sure it will come soon!

Original post by kabuligirl
Congrats! When did you send your application from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Like I said above start of October... You waiting for kings of UCL?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BDida
Thank you! Like I said above start of October... You waiting for kings of UCL?

Ucl! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2124

Don't worry! They're taking their time coz they're not really doing interviews to they need to go through everything properly
What are you as grades and a2 predictions?
Original post by BDida
Don't worry! They're taking their time coz they're not really doing interviews to they need to go through everything properly
What are you as grades and a2 predictions?

AAAB and AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2126
Original post by lydiafoof
Whats your predicted grades?

i have interviews from Manchester Bradford and LJMU in feb and i was predicted ABC :smile: what were you predicted?
Reply 2127
has anyone been to a manchester interview? how was it?
Original post by thegodofgod
Guys, just to let you know, Brighton's MPharm course has now been re-accredited by the GPhC for another 6 years (the maximum length of time an MPharm course can be re-accredited for).Also, feel free to ask me any questions related to pharmacy, Brighton and Brighton's MPharm course.

Are you studying pharmacy at brighton? what offer did they give you?
Original post by ss.w
i have interviews from Manchester Bradford and LJMU in feb and i was predicted ABC :smile: what were you predicted?

ABB
Reply 2130
Original post by kabuligirl

You're defo in then!
I got ABBB at as and am predicted AAB for a2
Original post by BDida
You're defo in then!
I got ABBB at as and am predicted AAB for a2

Ooh okay thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lydiafoof
Are you studying pharmacy at brighton? what offer did they give you?

Yeah, in my second year at the moment. I was offered AAB.
Original post by thegodofgod
Yeah, in my second year at the moment. I was offered AAB.

Hey dude!
Whats the first year at Brighton like for pharmacy? I never got a chance to come along to the open day :frown:! You enjoying it?
Original post by Esteta
Hey dude!
Whats the first year at Brighton like for pharmacy? I never got a chance to come along to the open day :frown:! You enjoying it?

Hey, how's it going?

First year was amazing. As you may already know, Brighton has implemented a new course structure where you learn about diseases and medicines as a part of a case as opposed to modules. For example, the first case in Year 1 is Conjunctivitis, so you learn all of the relevant anatomy of the eye, physiology, microbiology, pharmacology, pharmacy practice, chemistry, formulation science etc. relevant to the disease. This makes the learning experience a lot more integrated and clinically-focussed compared to studying each subject area as a module. The rest of the cases are: Lung Cancer, Pain, Sexual Health/Anaemias, Indigestion, Skin, Holiday Health, Coughs/Colds, and Pet Meds. Year 1 is mainly composed of conditions that you would normally find in a community pharmacy, whereas Year 2 introduces cases which you'd normally come across in hospital pharmacy, e.g. C. diff Infection.

At Brighton they also help us to learn about drugs that are relevant to the case (e.g. by giving us a list of the 100 most prescribed drugs and telling us to fill in information such as pharmacokinetics, mechanisms of action, clinical information etc. (which from Year 2 onwards is examinable as part of the OSCEs) over the 4 years. In Year 1 we had 33 drugs, and have 45 drugs this year; I've attached an example that I filled out in Year 1.

I would also advise looking at the attached student handbook for the MPharm course from last year, which describes the structure of the course from Year 1 to Year 4.

Hope this helps!
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone had an offer from hertfordshire uni i had an interview recently but nothing has been said so far
Original post by DestinyLove123
Is it MMIs? Are the questions hard ?
Is there a group task as well?
I heard last year it was like that :smile:
Sorry for the questions :biggrin: I soo want to go to notts :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

PM me and I'll let you know what it is like
Original post by littletr100
Has anyone had an offer from hertfordshire uni i had an interview recently but nothing has been said so far

Had mine too on the 16th.They did say they'd take 2-3 weeks to inform us with regards to their decision, so don't worry about it*:smile:
Yep I had the interview on Tuesday and they replied on Wednesday
Anyone here applying as an international student?

I've been living in the uk since 2008 on a student dependent visa, so I don't count as a home student.

I got 4A*s, 8As, 1B and 2C's at GCSE. Last year I got 3 A's (chem, bio, maths) and a B (english lit and lang) at AS level and an A in alevel persian.

I'm predicted A* (bio) and 2 As (chem and maths), along with an A for epq..

I applied about a month ago and I've only heard back from UEA for an interview!
Getting really worried..

Anyways if you're an international and applying to pharmacy message me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending