The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3240
Original post by mangomango
Hi guys,

Is there any university of Birmingham offer holders? :smile: If so, are you thinking of firming? have you been to the uni yet?

Hi yes ive got a conditional offer not firmed yet what about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Racer123
:colondollar:Hi if you don't mind, could you please tell me what questions did Bath ask? I don't know what to prepare for it.:confused:

Questions based around your personal statement and how it relates to Pharmacy. E.g. I did experience in a care home and he asked how will that help and I said teamwork, experience with older patients, understanding difficult patients, etc.
Original post by FNB
Hi yes ive got a conditional offer not firmed yet what about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. Have a conditional offer and visited the uni and loved their course. My only dilemma is that bham are not fully accredited yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a conditional offer from UCL the other day, but they invited me to an open day yesterday. Apparently there's going to be a maths test. If I do really badly in the maths test could they withdraw their offer?!
Original post by shashapop
I got a conditional offer from UCL the other day, but they invited me to an open day yesterday. Apparently there's going to be a maths test. If I do really badly in the maths test could they withdraw their offer?!

lol doubt it. When is the open day & dw we had a maths test for Manchester, i thought i did **** but still got offer :smile:

no they wont. if you read the little guideline sheet they gave you it says that the maths test is not a part of the selection process
Original post by Racer123
:colondollar:Hi if you don't mind, could you please tell me what questions did Bath ask? I don't know what to prepare for it.:confused:

All the general questions buy it was mostly a chat, going over your personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry the maths test is for you to get an idea of the sort of maths you'll need to know for the course. Its just simple mental maths really, make sure you know your how to calculate moles, concentration etc.
Nottingham sent me a birthday present for me moments ago: an interview at the Malaysian Campus in March. Completely dumbfounded haha.

It's actually a really short and simple mental arithmetic Maths test done on an iPad. Just make sure you know your conversions and how to deal with basic fractions, other than that it's pretty straightforward and lasts no longer than 10 mins. I mean I hadn't prepared at all and I managed to get 27/30 despite missing a question out so I'm sure you'll do well. However, it's important to remember it doesn't actually form part of the selection process, it's just there to give you an idea of the sort of calculations you'll need to be able to do on the top of your head as a professional Pharmacist. Good Luck and Congratulations on your offer! :smile:
Original post by Sheraz Imran
It's actually a really short and simple mental arithmetic Maths test done on an iPad. Just make sure you know your conversions and how to deal with basic fractions, other than that it's pretty straightforward and lasts no longer than 10 mins. I mean I hadn't prepared at all and I managed to get 27/30 despite missing a question out so I'm sure you'll do well. However, it's important to remember it doesn't actually form part of the selection process, it's just there to give you an idea of the sort of calculations you'll need to be able to do on the top of your head as a professional Pharmacist. Good Luck and Congratulations on your offer! :smile:

After how long did they inform you about open day. Its been 4 days and still nothing :confused: (edit) No, nvm they said they only send emails Mon-Fri.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anybody who has firmed uni of manchester? (Or going to)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AJeeeee
After how long did they inform you about open day. Its been 4 days and still nothing :confused: (edit) No, nvm they said they only send emails Mon-Fri.

I received an Invitation to the Open Day the day following my conditional offer :smile:
Hey guys, can anyone whose had an interview at Huddersfield let me know if there's a test (no mention of it in the email but on their website it says there'll be a short test). I've emailed the uni but no reply and I'm too scared to ring :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGemini
Anybody who has firmed uni of manchester? (Or going to)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've firmed Manchester, hudders for insurance
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
Hey guys, can anyone whose had an interview at Huddersfield let me know if there's a test (no mention of it in the email but on their website it says there'll be a short test). I've emailed the uni but no reply and I'm too scared to ring :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No test, just a quick interview on the personal statement and a questionaire that's like "draw an animal that describes you best" some serious year 3 stuff. They're super friendly you'll love it!
Here to help, I've had interviews and offers from Manchester, Hudders, UClan, Liverpool JM and Aston
Original post by AyCaramba
No test, just a quick interview on the personal statement and a questionaire that's like "draw an animal that describes you best" some serious year 3 stuff. They're super friendly you'll love it!

Lmao my animal would be so basic and they wouldn't be able to even tell what I've drawn.

Thanks! I've been stressing over the interview so bad so I'm glad to know there's no horrible test!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
Lmao my animal would be so basic and they wouldn't be able to even tell what I've drawn.

Thanks! I've been stressing over the interview so bad so I'm glad to know there's no horrible test!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I drew the most unrecognisable bird, that's a B in GCSE art right there lol
Original post by AyCaramba
I drew the most unrecognisable bird, that's a B in GCSE art right there lol

This is what I'd draw :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending