Anyone up for Teaching in 2007? Watch

lilmissstudent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Anyone studying teaching now, and can give me advice on what universities do Key Stage 2/3 and Maths Teaching course, leading to QTS? please help! i need 6 universities for my UCAS application, and I have no idea what else to put on my form other than Chichester, and Edge Hill!
fayesafine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm studyin primary teaching starting in september and my 6 choices were:
durham uni
manchester met
liverpool john moores
sheffield hallam
leeds met
hull uni

I chose Liverpool John Moores because you can do tonnes of extra things...like dance, special needs etc..the course is 4 years whereas some are 3. It really depends what other things you want to do. I would really recommend looking at what modules you can do within the course and find one that suits you. For example, the course at Hull Uni is a bit like psychology as you look at the brain and things but the campus is in Scarborough.I went for an interview there, and the campus was really nice and the tutors and past students were really really helpfull. I also had an interview at Manchester Met, but found the tutor really horrible, but that was just my experience, they were totally disorganised and it really put me off the uni!

I am going to John Moores in September, and has visited the place and it is fab! the buildings are all brightly coloured and the accommodation is on site.It's not right in the centre of Liverpool.

Hope this helps
If you need any more advice, jus send me a message
-x-
santogold
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
Careful with KS 2/3 courses. Apparently lots of Middle Schools are closing, so maybe doing a KS 1/2 or KS 3/4 course would be better?

Check the teaching forum in the Career forum!
lovelee-jublee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yourjoyismylow)
Careful with KS 2/3 courses. Apparently lots of Middle Schools are closing, so maybe doing a KS 1/2 or KS 3/4 course would be better?

Check the teaching forum in the Career forum!
Yes, I live in an area where we still have Lower, Middle and Upper schools and the council was trying to push to get rid of this system and use the Pimary and Secondary system which the majority of counties use - luckily, they chose to abandon it so we've still got our Middle schools, but who knows for how long.
santogold
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lovelee-jublee)
Yes, I live in an area where we still have Lower, Middle and Upper schools and the council was trying to push to get rid of this system and use the Pimary and Secondary system which the majority of counties use - luckily, they chose to abandon it so we've still got our Middle schools, but who knows for how long.
Once you are a qualified teacher, you can teach any KS though. Pretty much. So a KS 2/3 will enable you to work in Primary schools, as well as secondary schools.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?