Girlfriends father saw our dirty messages... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Title self explanatory really.

Girlfriends father saw our messages after he slyly took her phone and indulged himself into her Facebook messages, which were from months ago. Ever since he saw the old messages which were sexual he threw a tantrum. Even slapped my gf, and my hands are tied... I've told my gf to allow us to meet but she's scared to even tell her dad incase he might try something on me. By the way her mother has cancer so her father's very stressed and thus I've always supported my gf emotionally and financially. He wants us two to end our relationship and he stresses her mother too whilst she's lying in hospital beds. I've told my gf we should talk once every night for 30 minutes. I've done everything possible to get out of his way. She recently went on holiday where her mother is receiving treatment and the father continues to intimidate and interrogate her. What must I do to earn his trust back or what should I be doing? If you need more info let me know...
CurlyWurlyChocky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How old is your girlfriend, surely he cannot her dictate her life let alone abuse her. Could you talk to him, maybe he still believes that she is still his little girl
*Dreaming*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How old are you both? If you are both over 16 then really, it's none of his business and he certainly is out of line by slapping her and by going through her messages in the first place.

Psycho dad.
Huskaris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can jI ask your ethnic background?
AngelPhys
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yolo.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by *Dreaming*)
How old are you both? If you are both over 16 then really, it's none of his business and he certainly is out of line by slapping her and by going through her messages in the first place.

Psycho dad.
I'm 20 and she's 18, that's exactly what I thought, it's his fault for scavenging through her phone.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AngelPhys)
Yolo.
HAHAHA best advice
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Huskaris)
Can jI ask your ethnic background?
Turkish. Turkish fathers tend to be very, verryyy jealous and protective over their daughters.
username1201943
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Turkish. Turkish fathers tend to be very, verryyy jealous and protective over their daughters.
Get him some Turkish delight. The food. Not another woman.
Valyrian
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We that must be extremely awkward. I think the safest thing to do is pack your backs and live in the mountains.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lilypear)
We that must be extremely awkward. I think the safest thing to do is pack your backs and live in the mountains.
It's ok, I can take a few bullets. Then make an album and become 50 cent's rival.
TroyAndAbed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tell the father "Sir, I think your daughter is hideous, I would never want to do such depraved sexual things to her!" then the father will be all like "WHAAAT?!" then say "lol jk I love her" & the father will be like "awwwwww" & your problem is solved.
saarah_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think he's just looking out for his daughter, you'd probably react the same way if you had a daughter. ALL dads are protective of their children, especially their daughters. He doesn't want her to end up pregnant or heartbroken in the end hence why he's upset with you.

Slapping her is hardly abuse, he loves his daughter and wants the best for her, the slap was probably out of anger I'm sure. No dad wants to see their daughter's sext messages, in fact no dad wants their daughter to be sexting people online.
Tai Ga
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what the hell did he think he was doing looking into her facebook messages?
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by saarah_)
I think he's just looking out for his daughter, you'd probably react the same way if you had a daughter. ALL dads are protective of their children, especially their daughters. He doesn't want her to end up pregnant or heartbroken in the end hence why he's upset with you.

Slapping her is hardly abuse, he loves his daughter and wants the best for her, the slap was probably out of anger I'm sure. No dad wants to see their daughter's sext messages, in fact no dad wants their daughter to be sexting people online.
Replace the word daughter with wife and everyone would be screaming abuse. It is no different here, it is abusive for him to be slapping his daughter who is a fully grown adult for this.

OP all you can do is try to stay out of the way until things calm down. It's up to your girlfriend how she handles her father I'm afraid.
C=N-R
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you should cut to the point and admit to him that you would love nothing more than to be inside his daughter for the rest of the year. Honesty is the best policy. :mmm:
TheSweatyNerd
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why don't you man up and go and talk to the father face to face instead of hiding. Even if he hits you, take the pain and that will show you love her.
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To be honest, he was nosy and he found out something innocent that he didnt like. He's definitely in the wrong and handling it as badly as he could be.
saarah_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SophieSmall)
Replace the word daughter with wife and everyone would be screaming abuse. It is no different here, it is abusive for him to be slapping his daughter who is a fully grown adult for this.

OP all you can do is try to stay out of the way until things calm down. It's up to your girlfriend how she handles her father I'm afraid.
Being 18 doesn't mean you're a fully grown adult, she's still a bloody teenager, she's just legal that's all. I don't think he hit her because he wanted to, like I said it was probably out of anger. Just because a child has reached a certain age does not mean a parent has no right to tell them off.
jabire3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you really love her, go talk to the father. If the father really cared about his daughter, he'd let her stay with you as that is what she wants. It's not like your 13, you're adults now and that dad has to accept that.

Is she his only child?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (183)
61.41%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.03%
No- I want it (81)
27.18%
No- I don't want it (22)
7.38%

Watched Threads