Turn on thread page Beta

Childcare Grant watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have parents who are going to uni this year received your childcare grant details? How do they give you the grant?

I received details of how much i'm going to get but i think what they're planning on doing is making me pay for childcare for my two boys, approx £800 per term, and then assessing how much i'm actually paying via the childminder and then giving the childcare grant. Does anyone know if this is the way they do things?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    You have to estimate how much your childcare will be, then they pay you based on that.

At the end of term, they ask you to confirm the amounts. Basically your childminder will need to complete a form of how much you paid each week.

Your term 1 costs will then be finalised based on the actual amount paid. Term 2 will be paid based on estimates, then again confirmed at the end of term etc.

It is not worth overestimating, because any overpayments will be taken off your next payment. Also if you don't confirm the actual amount, they will revoke your childcare grant until it is confirmed. They usually give you about 4 weeks to get them the info from when they send the form out to you.

Hope that helps.

Forgot to say, it is paid into your bank account with your PLA/maintenance loan/SSg

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.