TSR Movie Madness: Group A QF4: Fight Club V Sunset Boulevard watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Group A: Quarter Final 4
    Fight Club
    83.33%
    Sunset Boulevard
    16.67%

ReputationRep:
    Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more, click here).
    Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

Fight Club (1999)
    Considered a flop on it's initial release due to incredibly poor marketing by 20th Century Fox, David Fincher's classic would have to wait several years to be appreciated as a success. Based on the book by Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club spoke for a generation that felt emasculated and without a place. Ed Norton and Brad Pitt give sensational performances as a duo that shrug off modern life to recreate their own brand of chaos in the world.

Sunset Boulevard (1950)
    Billy Wilder's satire on Hollywood is one of the best films about the place, and certainly one of the most scathing. A pitch-perfect combination of black comedy, film noir and character study, Wilder's masterpiece is a timeless classic.

ReputationRep:
    Whoa completely one sided.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Whoa completely one sided.
    Yep, looks like a blow-out.

I might abstain as I think that FC is far from perfect, and I haven't seen SB (shame on me).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    TBF, SB is actually a pretty good movie I must say

ReputationRep:
    Fight Club is dominating this vote like Tyler Durden dominated those n00bs at fight club.

(I only watched this film like a week ago and it was AWESOME. Did not see the ending coming at all even though the ending scene is at the beginning of the film. No spoilers in the thread but OMG, Did not see it coming)

ReputationRep:
    I keep voting for the losing film!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Fight Club is dominating this vote like Tyler Durden dominated those n00bs at fight club.

(I only watched this film like a week ago and it was AWESOME. Did not see the ending coming at all even though the ending scene is at the beginning of the film. No spoilers in the thread but OMG, Did not see it coming)
    Lucky. I wish I could watch it for the first time again.

What a film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Lucky. I wish I could watch it for the first time again.

What a film.
    It was an amazing experience.

All I knew was you don't talk about fight club and everyone wants brad Pitt's body from it. That was all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    It was an amazing experience.

All I knew was you don't talk about fight club and everyone wants brad Pitt's body from it. That was all.
    yeah, cringe

ReputationRep:
    Woah woah woah, I think this entire poll is breaking the first 2 rules of fight club...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Fight Club - one speech and one plot twist do not make a great movie.

Sunset - classic.

ReputationRep:
    I like Fight Club, but Sunset Boulevard is in my all time top 5. This is a sad result .

ReputationRep:
    Fight Club. Its a great film but I've always found it to be a bit over hyped and over rated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.