Lebanese people :P Watch

badboy_sdx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey guys...My mums half lebanese and ill be going to UCL next year if they dunt release me...I was wondering if there are any lebanese students or anyone who knows any lebanese students?? Wanna get in touch with them :P
tumtum
Report 12 years ago
HI, Im fully Lebanese...studying law...i've been living in Lebanon for the past 10 years of my life, which is a long time, so i really want lebanese ppl too joined student room to ask a few questions about the uni..so...
badboy_sdx
Rep:
?
Oh really??? You're starting at UCL?
badboy_sdx
Rep:
?
And are you living in Lebanon now?? Or did you leave because of the war?
tumtum
Report 12 years ago
i left because of the war unfortunately...after the craziest two months of my life..it sucks but yeah im starting ucl...what are you studying?
badboy_sdx
Rep:
?
I was in Lebanon too this summer?!?! Where's your house did it get hit?? Check your pm!
badboy_sdx
Rep:
?
Im so excited there's another lebanese hhehe...do you know any others?
irgendwas
Report 12 years ago
salaam shabaab....its nice to hear that there are arabs joining ucl this year.... i am actually palestinian (but never been there) -- but i was born in Damascus and go there every year......my mom's family is in damascus and my dad's family is in lebanon....in 'Saida' and 'Sour'.....so i go to syria every year and then visit the family in lebanon......

sorry to hear you left lebanon bc of the war....i recall being in Saida in the last war --- crazy and frightful..... anywayz -- send me a message and tell me more about urselves...
badboy_sdx
Rep:
?
Oh really?? Get Viva Italia in here too...his name is Rami and he has Syrian roots too...What you gonna be studying?? Are you joining UCL this year?
irgendwas
Report 12 years ago
hi there....yeah man -- will be studying law.....and inshallah joining uni this term.....what degree are u gonna pursue at uni???
badboy_sdx
Rep:
?
Computer Science if all is well...did you apply for accomodation>?>
viva italia2
Report 12 years ago
heeey irgend !!

where are you right now? im in damascus on holiday hehe..

wheres ur mum from in syria?
tumtum
Report 12 years ago
cool...i was just telling my sister that I was worried there werent gonna be any arabs in UCL...she goes to LSE, so she has lots of international people...and my older brother went to UCL and said that there were mostly english people...but its cool that u guys are all going...im lebanese you know, so im used to lotsa syrians :P my best friend actually is going to UCL with me, and she's syrian...Im sure you guys will run into us...we're both going to the international orientation anyway...
by the way, thankfully my house in Lebanon wasnt hit...but its been really hard...i mean we finished IB in May, and i was seriously having the best summer of my life and then this all happens. and we're originally from the south so its devestating to see it all destroyed within a month...anyway..im hoping to go back soon...i have to get my stuff at least...how often do you guys go to Beirut?
badboy_sdx
Rep:
?
Hahah tumtum did you check ure PM?? Yeah i go every summer at least...its the funnest place for me!! Nightlife rocks!
viva italia2
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tumtum)
cool...i was just telling my sister that I was worried there werent gonna be any arabs in UCL...she goes to LSE, so she has lots of international people...and my older brother went to UCL and said that there were mostly english people...but its cool that u guys are all going...im lebanese you know, so im used to lotsa syrians :P my best friend actually is going to UCL with me, and she's syrian...Im sure you guys will run into us...we're both going to the international orientation anyway...
by the way, thankfully my house in Lebanon wasnt hit...but its been really hard...i mean we finished IB in May, and i was seriously having the best summer of my life and then this all happens. and we're originally from the south so its devestating to see it all destroyed within a month...anyway..im hoping to go back soon...i have to get my stuff at least...how often do you guys go to Beirut?
what a coincidence hehe.. me and my best friend are going to UCL too (sdx) and im syria and hes lebanese hehe.. hope to meet you and your friend at UCL..
irgendwas
Report 12 years ago
hi --- really welcoming to see so many arabs at ucl....to be honest with u all --- i am contemplating a 'gap year' where i can study latin and 'polish' my other languages.....and coz i received a letter from the gov't stating that i have to serve the Austrian army for 6 months.....so its a hard decision......oh well, i hope i make the right choice --- and believe me, knowing that u guyz are there is a big asset....yallah ---> inshallah we all meet...and hey..!.. rule of thumb: everyone shud bring sumthing with him/her....i'll bring the ma3mool al-chami salam...

- aloush
badboy_sdx
Rep:
?
irgend khayye we're waiting for you THIS year....ill bring the mashawi...viva will probably bring some sort of lebanese/syrian alcohol such as 3ara2 knowing his dirty mind :P

Tumtum's a chick she'll do the washing up! Kidding tammy :P
evilheat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not Lebanese but I visited Beirut a year ago. Great city, great nightlife, insane traffic, sandy beaches. Loved it. Let's hope there will be peace soon!
badboy_sdx
Rep:
?
Hahah thanks...and thanks for that Lebanese flag
m_kazzam
Report 12 years ago
damn didnt expect all these arabs in UCL...thats goo.. i Been studying in United arab emirates in International School of Chouiefat(which is originaly lebanese),i know alot of lebanese people ,i got alot of lebanese friends, syrian hommsy's(hehe u syrians should get it).im realy from sudan althoughi neverlived there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (553)
80.61%
Leave (133)
19.39%

Watched Threads